1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rust - Steam Release

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Yantex, Feb 23, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

I found This fix on youtube, but It didn't seem to help. I Just hope win10 doesn't fuck up Just Cause 3...

2. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Or, you know, the game is just bad.

PUNK123 and AmestriStephen like this.
  3. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

Or that.. The game looks fun tho, especially if you can play with friends.

4. Graver

Graver Haxor

It is really good. Don't listen to that upset 11 yo, he comes back from school just to release his anger on forum.

J-man2003 likes this.
  5. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I've tried to have fun in it but the game is utterly boring

I had fun at first but after having to go through the survival stage again it gets extremely boring. I've gotten to C4 stage and have over 100 hours, and I swear to god, it really is just not fun... No matter what you're doing, the survival is boring and is just grind, there is no strategy, the PvP and base building/destroying mechanics are mediocre and cliche at best, and the community is full of little kids and bro-gamers. I have more fun destroying a base in KAG than I ever would in Rust, because base destroying takes just as much grind as the survival, and it's utterly ridiculous. Not to mention the whole meta of the game is chiefly broken because of the fact that while supposedly the part of the game that is the most entertaining is the PvP/raiding, it happens very rarely due to the fact that it takes hours of grind to even get ready for a raid.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 3, 2015 ---
    It takes one to know one

Also, could you give some arguments instead of giving mindless banter trying to insult me whilst it just makes me chuckle?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  6. Nice way to commercialize a game on another game forum.
    Rust vs Ark, which is better?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    J-man2003 likes this.
  7. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I'll be honest, both are crap

As said with the reasons above.

8. ty 4 honest opinions,
    at least its ''better'' than kag *giggles.
    If you compare the quality between two games, which is better (because i bought ARK).

J-man2003 likes this.
  9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I honestly thought ARK was slightly better because it actually had a survival with more depth and more PvE, but it was still a grinding fest. I haven't played ARK but I get the basic mechanics and have read enough user reviews for a verdict. Also the game is overpriced in my opinion, I mean $30 for a game that has slightly more depth than Rust? Please, no. (Isn't that more than Minecraft? I don't want to sound like a little fanboy kid, but Minecraft has more survival depth than ARK and Rust combined...)

10. I think the reason they increase the price is due to their weird ''mechanics'' and engine, but most of the time it's all about profit.

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. Graver

Graver Haxor

>be Jman2003
    >flame every game that is "survival" genre - loved by everyone but him
    >gonna cry cuz still cant make a game that looks like 1% of this

Canadian98 and J-man2003 like this.
  12. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

>what does that have to do with anything the 2003 isn't a birth-date as most speculate
    >I love a lot of survival games and 1. I have friends who hate such games, and 2. you have no proof for that argument
    >when did this have to do with me making games? I'm not a game developer and never have been, I've always been a consumer and don't plan on changing. also, you have no proof for such statement

Please actually share valid arguments with proof instead of just trying to insult or give arguments that are insults and have no proof. It's actually really funny.

oh wait I'm expecting reasonable results on a public forum. ffs.

also you better stop unless you want to get a punishment (of sorts) for flaming/going off topic. I wish it wasn't a rule either, but it is.

I took the troll bait and had fun XD.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  13. Jman is right you know, it's his right of speech, as long what he said doesn't affect your life negatively, you shouldn't be judging him like that.
    This is a forum, please respect each other opinions.
    I'm sure that if you are offended by him through a game that you may love, then i guess you should reconsider thinking if he is talking about you with the game, or the game itself.

J-man2003 likes this.
  14. Graver

Graver Haxor

My mission is done, good luck. :X3:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Canadian98 and J-man2003 like this.
  15. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

ARK is a longer grind with more risk-reward it seems, Rust is better if you prefer more PVP, ARK is better if you like a PvPvE experience with server politics, etc.

16. Graver

Graver Haxor

//Troll mode off
    I wouldn't say so. If you die in ARK you keep your character progres (Skills, lvl etc) you just lose your stuff. In my opinion its not longer grind (You have to tame a dinosaur, then harvest stuff with it for faster progress, which is kinda easy). I'd play ARK instead of rust tbh.

J-man2003 likes this.
  17. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

yea I've only really played a few hours of Rust and that was the impression that I got, but I guess I hadn't played enough to see. In the end I still play ARK because I prefer it.

18. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

That doesn't excuse both games for still being really poorly designed with how grindy they are...

19. Graver

Graver Haxor

Now for real - you are missing the point of the "survival" genre. Its the most enjoying game I've ever played. I've never had a situation where I had to clearly grind (Long harvesting, boring as hell). Anywhere I went, something awesome happened.

Canadian98 likes this.
  20. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Not for me... I've never encountered something awesome even on the most populous of servers.

I've played games from the multiplayer survival genre-Don't Starve Together, Project Zomboid, etc-and in none of the games did I feel like gathering supplies was a chore, it's not that I dislike the survival genre, I just think Rust is a bad, poorly designed game. In DST, more stuff happens than ever possible in Rust, player-to-player interaction is more interesting.

For example: In DST me and my friends were playing wilderness with PvP, and one of my friends wanted to "trade". So I went to the location he had planned, and then he led me back to his base, in which he brutally killed me unexpectedly. Memories like those I remark with a sense of happiness; though I do remember my experiences in Rust they are more or less just depressing if anything, because of how depressing and grindy the game is in the first place.

Mods: BlueLuigi