1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Rust - Steam Release

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Yantex, Feb 23, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Graver

Graver Haxor

All you can do in DST with other player is give him food. More stuff happens? It's always the same scripted bullshit. In RUST/ARK you can meet actually ANOTHER player that you dont know and he can kill you/rob/make you his slave/force feed you etc.
    Nice friends. Your "friend" is a fucking idiot. PvP in DST is bullshit. After he killed you EVERY PLAYER(Even the ones that did nothing) got -sanity bonus as long as ANOTHER player won't revive him.

Canadian98 likes this.
  2. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

It was in wilderness...

Also, stuff as such that you mentioned has happened to me, it's not just feeding people. It really is opinion, but I find no matter what happens to me in Rust it isn't fun simply because the base mechanics of the game are so bland; It's trying to be simplistic and rely on the wit of the player when many other games have tried that but failed (look at any sandbox game that is simplistic; they are a joke nowadays)

are you trolling again I can't tell XD

3. Graver

Graver Haxor

4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I think you're missing one thing.

Me, and a lot of other people.

Don't have fun

When playing Rust.

you couldn't of made a imgur link you lazy arse xdddd

You see, games that rely on players to do something; but the player doesn't have to do that something, always fail in terms of entertainment. I mean, why do you think games have friendly fire turned off? The same could be said about Rust in a different way. There are no mechanics making the game inherently "fun". The only fun you have is player interaction, which many, many, other games do correctly. And since players don't have to make interesting interactions happen, they don't, and the game because as bland as the mechanics. You see, you have to imagine your players like wild animals, that will not follow common sense, if you want to have a good game. Rust forgets this, and instead-as I've stated before-relies on the wit of the player rather than good mechanics, and not every player will have that wit. If Rust had some sort of way to force the interesting interactions to happen, or rather, had better mechanics for when you aren't interacting with other players, then it might have been good. But Rust lacks both of these things.

please don't start flaming for real it's annoying af.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
Mods: BlueLuigi