1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Salem: The Crafting MMO Beta!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by FlamingWaffle, Mar 23, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. FlamingWaffle

FlamingWaffle Builder Stabber

I just got word that the beta sign ups for Salem are up!

If you'd like to sign up for the beta here's a link: http://beta.salemthegame.com/?ref=07bb55ec1dd
    Here's a couple videos to pique your interest:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwyglmi0kWo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hOm589pq4s

If you'd like to talk about the game, do so here I suppose.
    I've been looking forward to this game for quite a while.

If this thread is "obsolete" or serves no purpose, lock it I guess. I searched for something about this on here and didn't see anything.

Noc and goodyman8 like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Played the alpha, it's okay, but play Haven and Hearth unless you really want to 'test' and give ideas.

The developers are complete bros and while they have a direction planned and won't stray from it they will take your suggestions for balance to heart (not retarded shit like LOL WATERBLOONS PLSXDD), so your beta testing isn't just 'playing early' it's actual testing.

3. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Good thing you reminded me that sign ups started.
    Been waiting for ages.
    Testing for them=Early access for me.

4. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I hope that LP system will be same like in HnH, World 4(otherwise im not touching that game :>:(: )

5. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

You're using us to ensure your place in beta, aren't you?

6. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

He kinda is.
    DonĀ“t mind now he reminded me though.

7. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

That's what communities are for! :D
    Signed up for the Beta using that link. I wont play the game, probably, or not in Beta at least, but I can support you guys.
    Also, assuming I can, I'll pass on any Beta access I get. ;)

8. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

You'll pass on any Beta?
    Including.......KAG?
    This one is awesomer because it's red.
    http://beta.salemthegame.com/?ref=aa26f3006ca

9. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Just so happens I had a spare email address. If they're fooled by it, lucky you! :D

10. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I looked into some pre-alpha video showing it... I hope textures will be not "cute" (everything cartoony, losing experience when You are running away from bear(and an angry russian?)).

11. FlamingWaffle

FlamingWaffle Builder Stabber

I sort of am using you all, but it was either that link or a normal link, so I thought, "Why not this one!" :D

But I also thought it would be cool to pull up a thread on it here for those who might not have heard of the game yet.

12. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Maybe you should put up some actual information about that game then.

Bly, Rayne, Beef and 2 others like this.
  13. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I signed up and I'm getting my buddies to sign up so I can get in!

14. BlueLuigi

:rollseyes:

15. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Can we... BURN THE WITCHES?

16. BlueLuigi

No, keyofdoor you are the witches.
    And then keyofdoor was a dog.

17. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

I was reffering to the Salem Witch Trials :D

18. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

I didn't bother clicking the link, because i've probably already seen it. I was gonna make a thread about it and post a referral, but I'll probably just make it as my forum sig instead :) .

As for information about the game, from what I've seen it appears to be a game where there is no limit to the world. Kind of like mine craft but better. What I mean by limitless is that you can build anywhere in the game kind of like in minecraft, and instead of having multiple servers hosted by regular people, there's probably going to be a few servers or maybe just one server hosting the whole community.

You have the ability to go out and hunt monsters and level up. This game already has skills you can earn, this factor piqued my interest.
    If you really wanted you can be a jerk and go around killing people, which would probably have some consequences later on. The permadeath makes you not want to die either. There's probably alot more features that I don't know about but this is all I was able to obtain on the youtube videos provided by them that i've seen. There's also something about witchcraft and casting curses on people to gain power and what not.

19. BlueLuigi

Some basic info to add to that: most likely only one server at a time ( like hnh), killing people is fun for many, rest assured people will be doing so frequently, defense and careful planning are everything.

Yes it is very open and free.

20. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

I tried to play hnh like 4 hours ago, I only tried it for like 6 minutes. I couldnt stand the UI. Theres one thing i'm wondering about it though, and that is the part with uhhh the one server world at a time. Does this mean the server wipes after a certain time?

Mods: BlueLuigi