1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Saws counting as a "Teamkill" when you switch teams.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by an_obamanation, May 9, 2016.

?

How has this affected you and should it be changed?

This poll will close on May 9, 2026 at 3:33 AM.
  1. I've lost so many coins to this damn system! Definitely needs a change.

18.8%
  2. I've rarely lost coins but it certainly doesn't need to be a thing.

18.8%
  3. Has never affected me because I never change teams or go spec when autobalanced. So I don't know.

6.3%
  4. This is a good system, you deserve to be punished for your sins!

12.5%
  5. Has never affected me but it certainly needs to go.

43.8%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I just played a match of CTF where I made a saw trap on one team, then got autobalanced (Keep in mind this wasn't WILLINGLY like I usually do to switch teams, this was forced by autobalance). And when my team got killed by my saw trap, it counted as me teamkilling them and I lost coins because I built it on the previous team. Honestly I can't even tell if this is a bug because this is a pretty bad issue. Why should I be punished for making a good trap? I think I lost like 200 coins just because of this trap, just because my trap was effective. I feel like this should be changed to where if you switch teams, all your traps made on the previous team become a neutral kill. I think mines actually follow this system, which I will test tomorrow morning to see if that's a true statement, but ALL of it should be treated as neutral as soon as you switch teams. I love helping out a team that's undermanned but, I don't like to be punished for being good at my job on my former team too. :<

[​IMG]

Edit: I just noticed that you can ALSO rack up teamkills by hitting a teammate with a water arrow when he jumps into a bottomless pit, what? Keep in mind that the water arrow doesn't break on impact on teammates, will go through them, and will not stun them. So why does it count as a teamkill? You've done literally NOTHING to hinder your teammate whatsoever, yet you get punished. I guess this could be considered some kind of way of reducing water spam, as to avoid the teamkills. But this isn't the way to reduce waterspam, punishment for using something you purchased in the correct manner shouldn't exist. Later on in the future i'm gonna do some testing on it to see even more of the things that this feature brings, but come on, the only few times you should be considered teamkilling are

1. Wooden spikes
    2. Stone spike hits teammate
    3. Spamming spikes or dropping blocks on someones head
    4. Setting fire to your teammate.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2016, Original Post Date: May 22, 2016 ---
    Apparently, this also applies to if a bomb explodes within radius of a teammate of yours and then your teammate jumps into a pit, which has cost me tons of coins on tdm matches, ANY trap made on a previous team (Including random stone spikes/wood spikes you make), and mines.

I understand in that case that you technically teamkilled considering that your cruddy spikes caused death to your teammate, but the video is just an example showing how it'll still cost you coins and count as a teamkill even after switching teams. To make matters worse, apparently the coin penalty for a teamkill is 50. coins. The price of a bomb arrow, the price of 4 water arrows, the price of a waterbomb and a bomb or perhaps 2 bombs, more than half the price of a catapult, and close to half the price of a keg.

Just imagine the horror of making an incredibly effective saw trap and then getting autoswapped, you will have NO coins no matter how hard you try because your EFFECTIVE trap is siphoning your money. This is especially prominent with the summer sale newbies who seem to just throw themselves into traps like it was a comfy mattress.

Sorry for an incredibly late update, this thing hasn't become a problem with me until a recent match I played with @FuzzyBlueBaron where while playing on red fuzzy stated that teams were unbalanced and that someone should switch, I chose to be that person and a reed trap I made on red was siphoning coins from me.

Mods: Rainbows