1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Open "ScorchedBarons" by Ferrezinhre

Discussion in 'TDM' started by Biurza, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

2. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Big fan of this map, it has a very original idea with spawnpoint locations for a change of pace in mapcycle and really nice fighting grounds.
    Some of the mechanisms seem to be a bit too complex for my taste and although the thread itself says it's symmetrical it has asymmetrical bush and tree placement (And spawnpoints are offset by 1 block, which I don't think is intended). It's a big YES from me, however I'd suggest minor tweaks as well.

Yeti5000 likes this.
  3. Yeti5000

Yeti5000 Drill Rusher Mapping Moderator

Since the dawn of KAGkind. TDM games were balanced and uniform, one blue tent, one red tent.
    Until... ...one man -or woman -or helicopter, named Ferrezinhre sought to change everything.

Pros
    -It's interesting
    -This type of triple spawn thing hasn't been seen yet in cycle
    -Well made and thought-out

Cons
    -It's inherently unbalanced
    -Confusing, especially to a new player imo: chests, wires and randomization, the backwalls, doors, bolts, etc.
    -Prediction: with two players in the lobby (one spawning mid and one spawning outskirts), half the map will be
    unused or just serve as an area where the red player can get free loot. And might make the game feel weird.

Changes
    Since the map has a bunch of odd mechanics to it, we should try to eliminate all factors that would add to the confusion.
    -Make it completely symmetrical (trees, bushes, spawns, even grass)
    -Yellow marked blocks in the below picture are suggested to be erased
    -Red spawn seems really hard to navigate around as knight, change the red marked blocks
    -Blue marked areas with the doors can be hard to get into when coming from below
    -And the bolts next to the blue spawns might end up as traps for noobs ::D:

[​IMG]

I think the map needs work.

Ni and Biurza like this.
  4. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

@Ferrezinhre I also like the idea of this map, would you realize some of the changes Biu and Blav have suggested above?
    I'd be willing to accept the map if you do.

This is the fixed version, opinions?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  5. Yeti5000

Yeti5000 Drill Rusher Mapping Moderator

After testing the new version I think it's better, but will ultimately need real in-game testing to gauge how fun it is.

Ni likes this.