1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Screenshot breaks

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Invaders, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Category: Client
    Operating system: Win7
    Build number: The entire Beta
    Description: After playing the game for any significant amount of time, the F4 key will no longer take screenshots, and even using CTRL + PRTSCR won't work, taking a picture of an event happening some time ago.
    Steps to reproduce: Go into a server, use F4, hear the noise, look for the picture, play for a while, hitting F4 every now and then to see if it still works, when it doesn't you've done it.
    Screenshots/Videos: Well, I can't get a screenshot of me not being able to get a screenshot.

norill and kaizokuroof like this.
  2. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Catapult Fodder

+1 I had something similar. I don't get the F4 screen sound or pic.
    And PrtScr wouldn't screenshot correctly. Some kind of time lag I.e it was night when I press prtscr but the pic it was twilight.

Windowed mode fixed PrtScr.

3. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hiya there,

Has anyone had this happen to them in recent builds? This is a very old report, trying to tie up the ends, so if you're still having this problem, please bump the thread again and I will report it into the bug tracker.

4. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Yes, problem persists to this day; usually causing the screenshot to break before the game can be played.

5. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I'm not able to replicate this, even after spamming the F4 button and playing extended periods of time.

Could you upload your console file when this happens - Everytime you take a screenshot it should print a line in the console, it may also give us details on what is happening when the client crashes and what is causing it. Once you've give the logs, I'll post it into the bug tracker.

Cheers.

6. game has to be fullscreen i believe, happens to me too. very annoying

7. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Hello,
    I've tested both the F4 and Printscreen method and am not able to reproduce the bug in this build. Can anyone else confirm or I'll lock.

Will be Necro-ing many threads in this section in the incoming days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.