1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Build Videos

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gunnar, Dec 30, 2012.

1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

me too, but hey it looks like it will be back

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Last I remember hearing from the devs it's all out.

Hopefully it'll end up with some much more interesting castle design, and being able to use more blocks to come up with something really smart to defend. I'd love to think that stuff like drawbridges and that kinda shit will be able to be modded in for that kinda end. Less boring practically impenetrable slabs of archer camping faggotry either way.

Just hope that buildings won't just end up being a bit useless, and you'll still be able to make something really defendable but just have to be smart and organised to do so, which you certainly don't have to be currently. I'm sure the devs wouldn't want that element of the game to suck arse and have given it rather alot of thought, just hard to imagine what the fuck you might build when we've not had any chance to see what we have to play with in that respect yet. I'm sure we'll get shown when it's ready to be shown, but - in the least inpatient hurry the fuck up kind of way - I bet that's the one thing most the community really wanna be seeing at the moment.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Don't worry, bone, it's going to be back with jazz hands and glitter. ;)

Boxpipe likes this.
  4. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

And epic sound of bugged wallclimbing...
    FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

Boxpipe, Cirom, feet and 2 others like this.
  5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

its not like mario.
    I could be wrong, but it looks like bouncing rather than jumping.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Imagine jumping into a wall and then jumping off it again, like a wallplant in a skateboarding context. And then ignore people who tell you that it's like bouncing, or fapping up a chimney; in fact, ignore most people, and hold your own little private fantasy about wall-jumping.

Really, none of you guys can say it isn't like something, because you don't know what it's like. For all that's been said, it could be an upgrade bought at a shop, or a power-up, or a disease caught from a monkey in a low-hanging tree.
    It's none of those things, by the way.

Also, Gofio, shush.

Boxpipe, feet, Chrispin and 2 others like this.
  7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I said it looks like bouncing.
    I also said I could be wrong.
    Now what's wrong with THAT.

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. Hella

You also said "it's not like Mario" in the previous line. You can't say that at all; for all you know, plumber could be the major new class, unclogging the toilets of war in the name of freedom and justice.

:)

Boxpipe, feet, GloriousToast and 4 others like this.
  9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

mario wallslides, then jumps.
    he doesn't bounce, and to me, it looks like thats whats gonna happen in KAG.

Boxpipe and Froghead48 like this.
  10. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Wall-sliding doesn't really even exist in Mario 64, and you still know very little about the movement mechanics in KAG beta apparently. Keep in mind that no matter how the game looks now or even at release, it is REALLLLLY easy to change with modding. Just gonna say that if you like KAG classic parkour, you haven't seen a damn thing yet.

Boxpipe and illu like this.
  11. Hella

What Chrispin said.

Also, the dinosaurs they've added so far are awesome. I mean, I could really get used to the new ways to lay seige to castles. Take a pterodactyl to the face, archer scum!

NinjaCell, Boxpipe, Cirom and 2 others like this.
  12. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i prophecise that in the future someone will make a server where they will make giant hulk green players maybe a mode where its mini people vrs giants

Boxpipe likes this.
  13. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

I thought the pterodactyl was deemed not fitting and they just went with the triceratops as same mechanics as the horses to ride. Although I think they are overpowered and the sleep darts are cool but need a better counter attack weapon.

14. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Wait--Hold up just a moment.
    Dinosaurs? I think I missed out on that part. Explain please.

Boxpipe likes this.
  15. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

It's a hidden dinosaur in one of the archer pictures, it's kind of hard to notice but look directly were the archer is aiming at.
    Here's the image below.
    tumblr_mi9q5mEVEb1qk1bmno1_250.png

NinjaCell, Boxpipe, Anded and 11 others like this.
  16. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I laughed so hard at this 25252525

Boxpipe likes this.
  17. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Went on devlog. Didn't see it.
    EDIT: Wait, is this a joke? Are you pranking me for lack of knowledge? ;( I sad. No one likes me D;

Boxpipe likes this.
  18. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

19. Hella

Did they? That's total bull.

The sleep darts do work a treat though; it's so fun to get a knight whilst they're flying through the air, so the fall down asleep ready to drown. The helicopters they fly in are cool too.

20. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Ardi even fixed the sync issues so you can get an archer to fly in with you or you pick up a dinosaur and drop it into the enemy base, you get past the AA.