1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting in the works! Also, gigantic changes to Building and Fire, and Server Browser improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 10, 2012.

1. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

I swear to god, the next person who says anything about realism when KAG is a 2 dimensional cartoon game about people collapsing buildings on each other as a method of warfare I'll blow a vein in my brain.

sj67, xChapx, thebonesauce and 5 others like this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Your expectations are simply not...
    :B):
    realistic.
    http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/

sj67, Taureactor, xChapx and 7 others like this.
  3. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

FlameHaze3, Taureactor, JacKD and 4 others like this.
  4. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

But we have Wraiths for that. :p

5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

A Fire-Sword wouldn't be Over Powered, if, say, they can only hold onto it for a few seconds without swinging the blade. Otherwise it starts to burn them and hurts them. Say every 3 seconds without swinging, it takes 1 heart. Swinging puts it out, but if you swing and hit someone, it spreads the fire on them, even if they are blocking with the shield. Say it gets the shield REALLY hot and hurts half a heart every 2 to 3 seconds unless they get into water, or touches someone else on the enemy team.

6. Antman

Antman Base Burner

I think suggestions like that are great for modding, but not goood for the vanilla game. :)
    Thankfully we get scripting to do this sort if stuff :)

7. BlueLuigi

Yea if possible i want to make a stick you can change to as knight that you swing around on fire but doesn't hurt players ( or hurts ANY player and lights ANY wood including doors and ladders)

8. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I can't wait to see the mods that come out of this! As soon as this build comes out I'm breaking stones with my fists as an archer. You can do that too, right? It'd be like 1000 hits? :D

Also, the mac problem with the auto clicking is kinda a problem. Ladders and shop pieces everywhere, and I do more damage to my own team with a catapult then the other. A fix would be much appreciated! STILL CAN'T WAIT FOR BOATS.

9. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

seconded

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Now you should build the bridge 1 pieced and then remove to make gaps. In other words, place 3 bridge pieces 1 following another, then delete the one in the middle and so on.

11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

The reason I always hated doing that is that it creates dirt blocks. I never trusted those dirt walls to hold up my bridges...

Taureactor likes this.
  12. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

But that means you lose 10 extra wood per trapdoor you put up, what's wrong with just being able to place them on backwall?

13. BlueLuigi

I don't like it either personally, but we can wait some time for it to happen, and when entities change you might be able to edit back in the original behavior yourself.

Hmm, yes, not sure about macs but I will tell you this right now:
    There's a problem where walking over catapults you automatically use it. This would seem like a good idea, but it's not, in fact it's terrible, if you have a good cata spot you can BREAK it by mistake by trying to place blocks while standing over a catapult, picking it up ain't easier neither.

14. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

All these wooden messed up structures are just screaming for a fire arrow.

Hurry!

15. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

I saw an enemy tower that was just crying, CRYING OUT FOR GOODNESS sake to burnt down by a barrage of fire arrows.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  16. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Not really, now every time you remove 1 trap door you get 20 wood back. Moreover, in order to place 1 trap bridge you need 1 solid block close to it (stone, wooden block, doors, goldbullions...etc) or 1 piece of bridge already laid. That's why neither you cannot place trapbridge in the middle of nowhere, like backsand or backstone nor hanging on 1 door while its open -you have to close the door and then place:

:castle_wall:
    :door:
    :door::bridge:
    :castle_wall:

17. hexalslug

hexalslug Bison Rider

Ah, I wasn't aware that amount was changed. I know you can only place it next to solid blocks now, what I mean is, what was wrong with just being able to place it on backwall?

18. Learner

Learner Base Burner

Realistic? No. If anything, explosions put OUT fire.
    Often when an oil well caught on fire, the workers would use dynamite to try and consume all of the oxygen and snuff out the flames.

I'd like it if a well aimed and tossed bomb thrown upwards could put out fires. (Not too close to destroy the wall, not too far to be out of range.)

19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think fire arrows should quickly toast a few tiles then burn itself out. That way it has utility but isn't a huge annoyance that requires additional mechanics to be implemented.

The way it's been talked about it sounds like it spreads forever until stopped by water or some other direct player action. That would mean it could potentially wreak havoc across half a map, or it could be immediately snuffed out. That wide range of outcomes seems like unstable gameplay imo.

Even better than fire arrows would be torches for archers. That way their infiltration skills can actually be valuable.

20. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

I don't know if someone has already asked this but how do you think fire arrows will react when sent flying into a enemy knight?
    Will they just suddenly combust into flames? If so this is going to be the funniest update yet! :D