1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting in the works! Also, gigantic changes to Building and Fire, and Server Browser improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I like the idea of it making a massive wildfire. Because unless they want to fight each other and possibly be burnt to a crisp, they all help each other out to put it out, and thus adds a bit more options for the game, as well as it being seen as it being some boss. It's not, just the same concept as 'fighting to take out a common enemy'.

2. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

But then you would get troll fires ruining the game infinite amounts of times lol :p

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I imagine knights shields won't light on fire but the rest of them will? I imagine builders and archers being heavily flammable.

I imagine much rage when knights shielding still requires awkward timing and people are now on fire because of a single hit and slowly die unless they reach water.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  4. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

HEHEHEHHEHEHHEH BURN BUUURRRNNNN!!!!!!

5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

There should be slight tweaking(s) to make it not as powerful, but not anything like it goes out so easily.

Like implementing features such as wind, so it might be able to put out fires on people and places, and rain. Also maybe when you run it has a higher chance of going out, and fire has a less likely chance of catching on you if you're running through it.

6. Antman

Antman Base Burner

I'm thinking a thing like the bubbles with water, but have little fire icons.
    You can be on fire for a few seconds before you start to burn!
    Knights would have more fire icons to deplete before they start getting hurt because their armour protects heat a little.
    Builders would have hardly any because they wear hardly any clothes.
    The icons drain at the same speed bubbles do when you're under water, and you would take damage at the same speed you do while drowning.

Just a suggestion :P

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. BlueLuigi

Another thing to throw out there as idea for modders: Infection gamemode. Would be quite fun with KAG, but not standard infection, add in some upgrades and defensive abilities for the survivors.

8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Infections such as Zombies, or Black Plague sickness sort of infections? I would love having to find ways of not getting sick, and staying away from those who are. A Doctor class to help...you know...treat it.

They stay in a tent made from a shop, and I would think it'd be nearer the front lines given most of the people fighting would be up there, and thus would see a lot of front linesman getting sick the most.

Dark_Ham likes this.
  9. BlueLuigi

Zombie style, like the gamemode, not like a real life infection. Good guess though.

I'd say something very similar to the 'Alien' gamemode on Teeworlds would be fun where you get perks for surviving and can do research and such, I'll probably work on something like this if I still have lots of free time when it's possible.

I'd think there are a lot of possibilities considering what AS is able to do.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  10. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I do like the idea of a Black Plague, though, since it fits the theme.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  11. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

BlueLuigi and FlameHaze3 like this.
  12. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Does it really hurt to post them in here?

13. BlueLuigi

Can we have a premium 'Scripting Ideas' and 'Scripting Projects' subforum? :<

14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

FuzzyBlueBaron and BlueLuigi like this.
  15. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Just make new thread for it.

16. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

An idea:
    All wooden block shiould catch on fire, firey bridges break when you walk on them, door dnt open, walls damage you over time and are a tad bit darker, while solid wood does lots of damage fast. Also, I feel that teamless doors and bridges are in order :D

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I thought this was quite obvious, why have fire if it didn't burn wooden blocks?

Gofio, Dark_Ham and FlameHaze3 like this.
  18. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Although not a bad suggestion.. Is there any point in teamless doors?

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  19. BlueLuigi

Same as teamless tents, so that neither team has precedent and can either all walk through or none, it serves it's purpose.

20. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

1. My spelling error is burning my eyes.
    2. Generally, people dont think wooden mechanics should burn (doors, bridges, etc.), only wood. And yea, it was kinda pointless :P