1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Progress and Massive Rewrites.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 8, 2012.

1. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Does this mean many of the texture packs will be no more? I guess I'm gonna have to update Rise of the Samurai to this sprite layer thing, but it sounds epic.

2. Sir_Veillance

Sir_Veillance Builder Stabber

Ha, this will be truly amazing. I also can't wait for more siege weapons and possibly even classes!

3. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Awesome job here guys. Keep up the good work :thumbs_up:

4. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I want dis..I dont want it i need dis :eek:

5. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

This is exciting! Less crap Knight Mechanic and modding!!! Think of all the things that can be done!

6. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Pure awesomeness! I hope this updates will never stop. :D

7. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

He did.
    Seclevs.

8. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Man, the whole team is busy improving kag. Also I have such fondness for greyscale armies after playing as the Seleucids in Rome: Total War.

However, how much more complicated is the coding for the combat? Although it sounds good, I'm worried it will lead to more bugs (short term problem) and of course the accursed beast Lag (long term problem). Like, it could be very simple changes that lead to such improvements, I have no idea, just curious.

GloriousToast, Ghozt, Cirom and 3 others like this.
  9. Archalieus

Archalieus Builder Stabber

Keeping my fingers crossed for that knight combat improvement.

10. Dennisaran

Dennisaran Shopkeep Stealer

Wow! Well this looks pretty spectacular.

Thanks, guys, for all your hard work! I mean obviously we paid you for this, but you have really taken it all the way! I honestly only expected a few touch-ups here and there and some added things, but you guys are really out-doing yourselves. Can't wait to see it all in action!

Keep up the great work! ^^

11. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

I would give anything now for a demo video...

Adinxs and Cirom like this.
  12. Clost

Clost Arsonist

Oh my god it looks awesome! I'll try to not eat my hand :D.

13. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Wow all this stuff looks way more realistic.

14. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

So is there an approximate date when this will come out?

15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Fully directional attacks are a win. I eagerly await the upcoming release - good work devs.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Literally every texture pack and mod that exists now will not work with full version KAG, but will remain viable in classic.

When it's done, or when we run out of time. Much, much sooner than a year.
    We might do an intermediate release, but it's more likely that we'll just do a public test release for those that want to test it out rather than a public one because we don't want people modding too much while we're still getting the vanilla content down and possibly making changes to the API.
    I don't want to have to deal with 100 angry modders who've had their mods broken twice ;)

All the sprites have been redone from scratch (except for the world tiles, since they had a recent makeover) - they're still WIP, but I'm happy with how they're coming.

Simpler and 100% open to you guys. It has needed to be completely recoded though, so we've approached that cheerfully and been open to making drastic changes. Knight shield bashing, for example, now requires you to click while shielding, and has a slight delay and its own animation. Shield dropping will likely get a makeover as well. Archers can't shoot as far or as accurately, but can shoot slightly faster and do a special trick jump (promoting more frontline archer and less scumbag archer), and knights can move faster.
    The health ratios are also changing to allow us to introduce a "small punishment vs large punishment" model of damage - things like falls and crashing into walls will take less HP but kick in earlier, and spammed, unaimed arrows will be more of a nuisance than the OP wave of death that they are now.

Basically:
    Classic will stay around for those that like the current swing of things (with some minor changes, like bashing and bomb jumping tweaks most likely) but the full game will be quite different.

I'm not quite sure what you mean?

Thanks for all the misc support on this. A video will come once everything's networked nicely and we can actually have some test games :)

Gamerbro, Sarathos, Adinxs and 14 others like this.
  17. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

"Much, much closer than a year"
    Oh boy, he used a year as a landmark lol, i've got a bad feeling in my gut its close to half a year xD
    TY for the info, looking forward to it.

Ghozt likes this.
  18. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

My faith, it's returning!

Adinxs, Canadian98 and delankski like this.
  19. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

How exactly do the loans work? Once you've borrowed money, does it require a deposit of a certain amount in order to borrow any more?

20. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

But can texturepacks be updated somehow to work with this?