1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Progress and Massive Rewrites.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Yay! Now we don't have to guess if the Archers are aiming at us, or somebody else within the 30 degrees!

2. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

damn and i just discovered a new glitch with the cata >.< renders it obsolete
    this is good stuff tho,,

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I used a year because he said it took years. Sooner ;)

Yes, but it'll take a lot of re-arranging work and more frames to be added.

Similar, but you'll find out when it's released -> when it's finalised. I don't want to talk about too many mechanics before they're actually settled, for obvious reasons.

Cata and tent and outpost are so buggy in classic/public... They're about 30% of the reason we did the full recode, quicker to start from scratch than to try to find out where something's going wrong.

It also makes fake-out tactics more effective, from the archer's point of view :)

4. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

How about later on , You give us a video preview of the new knights fighting Style!
    I cant wait for this! And all the new textures are exciting! , This will Defiantly Bring People to kag.
    Hoorah! :D

5. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

You are pleased by the us to read this

Anyways,
    I'll be waiting for the test build!

6. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I know that..I was just asking for knight Fighting style Tut/Preview :3

7. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I am very pleased with you Kag team, My first game that wasn't made by a huge company, I think I made a good choice! :)

Gamerbro and Geti like this.
  8. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

I can finally legitimately feel like I actually beat another knight in knight combat without knowing in the back of my head that it was just pure, spazzy luck? I can actually end a knight-fight without thinking "wtf just happened?"!? YES!

Also, the new sprites are very sexy! Now I can single out the jackass archer that was spamming arrows at me from his little arrow spamming posy.

9. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

I hope you guys will keep the girl sprites as cute as before :heart: Right now they're so cute I can't kill any of them.

dnmr and Rayne like this.
  10. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Mexer, I can't find the Dislike button.

11. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Will the catapult still be a shotgun? That bigger cup looks like it would fire bigger things.

12. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Did you recode collapsing? because sometimes a bunch of invisible blocks will kill you because your next to the collapse.

GloriousToast and LostPix like this.
  13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You won't be able to pick it up.

This is sadly impossible to fix without making collapses lag and eat too much bandwidth :(

delankski likes this.
  14. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

:< dammit

Also : Did you recode zombies, all of it?

15. Geti

Not yet, not sure if we will. They're not the old classes and they aren't very broken afaik, though no doubt better zombies will be made with scripting.

GloriousToast and Exid like this.
  16. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

The way zombies is at now is perfectly fine, some people might find it boring but people can always make it harder or add more things, the hardcore zombie servers are a good example of this.

A delay in shield bashing and having a slower animation with it as well sounds good. fixing angles sounds good to, and along with all the other stuff like more scripting (yay) and recoding most of the game which sounds amazing.

If I have anything to left to complain about, it would be corners causes glitches and broken team ladders adsorbing damage, making people damage immune when on top or inside them.

Thanks for all the work kag devs.

17. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

This looks a bit like Mount & Blade melee system, which is pretty interesting for its gameplay, where timing has to be very preccise in order to hit and to avoid getting hit. Shall the sword swing have some kind of delay when knight v knight?

18. Night_Horde

Night_Horde Shopkeep Stealer

This looks absolutely astounding. You said all the basic classes have been drafted, does this mean we won't see any new classes for the release? Love the banking idea. Hard to be a builder for the first part of the game with 400 coins and want to gamble away everything.

Also are all these game updates going to be in one massive update (ie, ropes, boats, angled blocks, etc.), or are these things going to be released periodically?

Great work though!

Adinxs likes this.
  19. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I have never wanted to test a build much before, but when you start getting testers for this I will be willing to give a blood sacrifice for a spot.

Cirom likes this.
  20. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Stop avoiding the shotgun question! >:(
    Will there be slopes too? I can't think of a way for it to roll and look good going up square tiles.

Froghead48 and LostPix like this.