1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Progress and Massive Rewrites.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Lklleb

Lklleb Ballista Bolt Thrower

alot of mods coming :migrant:
    :)

2. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

What do you mean, a lot of mods coming for you?

3. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Maybe he means Updates.

4. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I think he means how the new script will be easier for mods to do their code writing and whatnot. Custom classes, shops etc.

5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Let's devote 2 pages to guessing what he's saying why don't we.

Anyway, I'll be waiting, I can't wait!

6. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

Does anyone know what this deadline is? or when it is?

7. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

If the dev's are smart, they won't tell you. The best answer you are going to get is; somewhere in the future. Is that good enough for you? Sorry for being flat.

MechaTrickster likes this.
  8. Areo

But the devs not telling , My guess is 2 - 4 Months.

9. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Sorry, but guessing will not do anything, how did you even get that number?

10. Zer0Striker

Zer0Striker Shipwright

No he probably means a lot of new custom classes when the scripting update comes. Can't wait to see what rp servers will look like.

11. Areo

Guesses! , The glory of randomized. Theirs a hold back , at first i suspected 1 month , But then , I heard of the set back , I was thinking of a few weeks, 3 weeks at most i thought , Then , I thought a little about some other stuff and ta-da 2 - 4 Months! , But im sure it will come in the 1 - 2 months, and 2 and a Half , I was guessing about another set back 2 - 4 months.

12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Drop the topic about a deadline. If you have some stupid insistent need to know, and have to know when this update is going to be release, make a conversation with yourself and try to magically guess the date that is never going to be given to you. You may even guess better than yourself if you try hard enough and win against you.

Some of the animation so far looks funny, but a good amount of it is enjoyable. Oh wait, you guys can't see that.

ArpiG, GloriousToast, AnRK and 5 others like this.
  13. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

The question I have is, how will this affect Free servers? I tend to play on them a lot and I'd like to know if this update would stop the Free clients from updating (Essentially making Paid clients unable to join Free servers, as they're in different versions..)

14. ArpiG

ArpiG Shopkeep Stealer

Will the bow angle new thing apply to the shield too? Or it will be as it is today made out of sprites? And.. please make a video when you finish patching a few bugs :D
    </br>--- merged: Aug 10, 2012 3:37 PM ---</br>
    you are soo lucky because you can test this build... :|
    </br>--- merged: Aug 10, 2012 3:41 PM ---</br>
    he wants to say that in the future builds, modding will be easier and better.

15. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Just because a bunch of new things get released doesn't mean it will be easier.

16. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

They have been mentioning repeatedly that they want to make modding more expansive and more user friendly y'know ;)

As for free version it's not like it's gonna be an issue, the game doesn't exactly take up much space to cramming both into one installer/update/whatever isn't gonna be a big deal.

Cirom likes this.
  17. Yihka

Yihka Shopkeep Stealer

I'm guessing it will be "easier" as in able to actually modify something you couldn't modify before.

Not that suddenly everyone can do it. You need to atleast understand how programming kind of works, or wait until someone makes a tutorial for the general audience. ( That's what I'm guessing )

Apart from that, I'm really looking forward to this update! Keep it up!

jerloch likes this.
  18. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The clients will be seperate, as it will be a completely new game, this had to be done so that they could keep classic how it is, but still be able to rewrite everything in full, you'll still be able to crack open your classic client and join a classic server just as easily.

19. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I want the update, really.
    Please Geti, make an best shader API :>:(:

20. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

And giving free hotdogs, computers and random cute puppies.

@Geti: So really only ballista is new siege weapon, or we will can expect more of ways to destroy and defend our forts?

delankski and Cirom like this.