1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Progress and Massive Rewrites.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 8, 2012.

1. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Well there might not be a sequel, but I'm sure good unused ideas will be used in some way for future games. The nest version might well not be "it" however it seems that we might on the last 2 or 3 updates till final release. As much modding capability as possible seems to be a priority ofr the devs though which is promising.

2. Dett11

Dett11 Shipwright

When is this coming? I am starving for more information, please tell when the next update will be!

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

In other words don't ask. You aren't going to be told because there isn't one going to be given out.

Yagger likes this.
  4. Dett11

Dett11 Shipwright

In my honest opinion i should be allowed to ask, as I have supported this games development and I am hungry to know more. That's a good thing.

I dont neccesarily need a deadline but it has been 2 weeks ( dont mind the video released yesterday) since a new update on whats happening.

I know the developers probably are busy but giving us a headsup once a week would be greatly appreciated, preferably on a fixed time each week, for example every friday at 18:00 clock. Would'nt have to be long as something is better than nothing.

So thats for my opinion. But having dictature-like "NEVER ASK" is a bad thing imo.

If there were to be a little ( note: little ) update a fixed day a fixed time every week, when questions like mine were asked you could just say look at this weeks update instead of having this monotonic "never ask thing".

Just my opinion, I'm not meaning you are a dictator or anything I just love the game and cant wait for more, and do also feel that never knowing what to expect is a bit random and, as said you never know, and people like to know stuff, that makes them engaged.

Thanks,
    Dett

Socializator and JacKD like this.
  5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

From what I recall they aren't allowed to give out stuff that may give out information about the Deadline. May that be updates and/ or otherwse; such per some sort of Agreements they did or the like.

//Please -snip- longer quotes. ~fbb

6. Dett11

Dett11 Shipwright

What do you mean about "they"?

I mean to adress the developers, not administrators if thats what you're saying.

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

The Devs have already stated multiple times that they aren't going to give you a time.

They are willing to tell you what they are going to be working on. They however will not give you a deadline, or when they expect it to be released. That info will be given to you when they can give it to you. Additionally, people get absurdly impatient with a deadline given, and if there are any delays due to finding new bugs, people get more impatient and start getting angry. Without giving you a set date, you can't complain that they didn't release on time, because they didn't give you a time.

They also update you when they can, and if they are working on anything new. And they do post about once a week: http://devlog.kag2d.com/. Geti even posts on the forums answer questions people have, about twice a week if he can. So as far as that goes, they give plenty of updates and you are being impatient. Anymore than that, and they may as well not code.

And the reason I'm saying don't ask is because it gets tiring for them to say that they can't give you a time.

TLDR: if you need a weekly update, read the devlog. Don't ask for a date because they can't give it to you and it's annoying constantly being asked by it.

Cerbercre likes this.
  8. Dett11

Dett11 Shipwright

Ok, thanks. Guess im just being impatient, so sorry. I just wish they could have a fixed time each week were they posted information not about when it would come out, but how its going.

9. DrGodPants

DrGodPants Catapult Fodder

i cant wait for this update!

10. Kouji

AngelScript

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  11. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Well first off,
    wut?
    Sequel?
    And second off - The video they just released..
    I'm in love.

12. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

If you don't know anything about the possibility of a sequel (don't count on it though) you need to read the announcement about the deadline from a few months ago ;) alot of info about what's going on in general in there.

13. Prince_Arthur

Prince_Arthur Catapult Fodder

Massive rewrites?
    Nothing changed until today.

14. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Facepalm mode activated.

15. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Not really sure what your on about there, they've been entirely rewriting the game code from scratch for the past 3 months, probably even longer then that.

LostPix likes this.
  16. Prince_Arthur

Where is these images publicated in the first page?
    Where are this new items?
    I can't find them.

Facepalm mode desactivated.

17. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

even bigger facepalm mode activated.

LostPix and BeasterDenBeast like this.
  18. Prince_Arthur

Lol.
    Is there any changes?
    Same units.
    Same items.
    Same blocks.
    loool
    Extra facepalm desactivated (FOREVER)

19. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

Haha.

Okay let's make things clear here now.

There will be a "new" KAG, which contains all these changes, along a better scripting system and
    a different gamemode called "War".
    This "new" game will be very much different from the KAG we know now.

So YES they have been doing alot of stuff, it just has not been released yet. (except for some minor changes and bugfixes I believe)

If you want to know more about the new KAG just read the latest post in the announcement section of the forum.

Cheers!

FuzzyBlueBaron and Prince_Arthur like this.
  20. Prince_Arthur

:eek:
    coool :D
    </br>--- merged: Sep 10, 2012 12:23 PM ---</br>
    Epic Facepalm Enabled :)