1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Season 2: Australian KAG CTF double elimination tournament

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by 101i, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Rocketlock

Rocketlock Shipwright

Not blaming the tournament, just a strike of irony, we have had this tournament twice and both times a clan has disbanded half way through. By the way I was't part of the clan that just disbanded.

Away from this topic (and not generally directed at you) but can we please have a larger warning if the map pool and rules are going to be changed? We didn't really get time to organize any planning for the new maps or shorter building time. The changes weren't necessarily negative, just unexpected.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

There are 3 servers if you want to schedule some trainings on it! You can borrow them easily.

It happens in every league that some clans died (inactivity, not enough solid, leadership failed).

Rocketlock likes this.
  3. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

Well NINJA and AUSS will never die

4. Sure. I think the best way to notify everyone is through the clan leaders. I think if there was major changes and 101i hasn't shown it clearly, I'll be there to send notifications to your leaders. As far as the map pool and rules, they will rarely be changed as they are the official ones for MLK. If you need any assistance or have any other questions relating or not relating please ask @101i or @cameron1010.

P.S Disbanding clans can be caused by many possibility, we can't judge why one clan is disbanding. We shouldn't make fun of it, because if the person can't handle, he/she can't handle it. Don't be nosy ::P:

Cheers Lief.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  5. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Chill guys, If you wanna talk to be about the tournament rules with me (Don't consult anyone else besides me, they will tell you lies 78787878), do it in a quiet thread PM not out here.

6. Rocketlock

Rocketlock Shipwright

I think that came out wrong. I wasn't trying to blame the tournament on the disband. My bad.

101i likes this.
  7. LazikLion

LazikLion Arsonist

1. I'm only stating that there should be better rules and officiators in place, because essentially we were screwed many times (I don't want this to happen with any other clan) and i don't want to blame @Tynite because he is usually a good ref and was trying to do the right thing on the day. I think you should, if possible have someone not in a clan participating in the tournament to be the ref ( i know this is hard).
    2. Yeah don't worry you're not the only clan that has lost a lot of CW's lol
    3. Please don't have a go at me for simply trying to improve the tournament, i was passed down the leader role to a clan with 3 active members and too which 2 key leaders had just left. Don't assume i was a bad leader, im not a very big name in the community so that already makes it hard to get recruits and with 3 members, trying to be competitive i made an important decision in which would benefit all members
    4. yeah and with defeats becomes pissed off and inactive members

Im not trying to put down the tournament i simply stated ways in which it could improve im long over AD (the clan, not people in the clan) (RIP) and i have moved on to a really cool and nice clan (ETHER). I love what @101i is doing to the competitive scene in AUS btw. I could send you what happened in the tournament and at THAT TIME i was mad but now its nothing. Hope this response helps, not trying to provoke or be offensive if i have, sorry.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 29, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 29, 2014 ---
    Oh yeah not blaming the tournament for disband as well (mainly the pissed off and inactive players with in clan)

Tynite, Rocketlock and 101i like this.
  8. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

No problemo!

9. Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  10. 101i

I'll move the match to tomorrow, @Gurin will be the ref (if one is needed). EDIT: From now on all match organizing WILL contain me, the confusion about the game isn't putting me in a good mood >:[
    ---
    RE: POWER vs ACE game, I'll be there so it should run smooth.

11. I didn't even do anything and Stevedog is blaming me.

12. 101i

I'm not angry with you, @Gurin is around, and it'd be fair to share the load.

13. Power beats Ace 1-0. They're into the finals!

101i likes this.
  14. Rocketlock

Rocketlock Shipwright

It looks as if it may be a no-show from AUSS, no conformation from stevedog.
    This is the second day in a row. Is it a buy or forfeit if they don't show up?

15. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

They were talking about it on ctf just before, go ask someone there

16. Rocketlock

Rocketlock Shipwright

TB vs AUSS

Results:

3 - 0 (TB wins)
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 8, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 2, 2014 ---
    TB vs MaJoR

Results :
    • Round 1 - Map name : 2 - 0 (True Blue won with 2 caps)
    • Round 2 - Map name : 1 - 0 (True Blue won with 1 caps)
    • Round 3 - Map name : N/A (we had the third game but a bunch had to leave and it fell apart)
      [*]Outcome: True Blue WIN!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  17. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

If we didn't have a proper third match how can you put it as 3-0 ?

18. 101i

This weekend is a weekend off, I'll update everything next week, sorry for the lack of updates lads : )

19. the thug life is busy i guess

101i and Solaris like this.
  20. Rocketlock

Rocketlock Shipwright

Although we do include matches in the tournament most games are run independently by both clans. There are MLK servers up and honestly it would be fine to have the matches this week. We could get a commentator like last series. Personally I'd like to complete the clan war series and then have a break.

Canadian98 likes this.