1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server Alert

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by joshua12131415, Jul 16, 2016.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. Yes

8. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Add a button that tells people to join the server your in.
    This is not a vote, what you choose is individual and won't effect other players. Choosing Yes will auto join you to that server.
    There can even be a filter that blocks server join requests that come from certain countries or only allow requests from certain modded servers.
    Why?
    • Imagine this. You want to play tdm but no one is in that server, so instead, you sadly join ctf. Then someone joins tdm but you don't know. If you did know, then you would play tdm but instead your playing boring ctf. Adding the button can fix this problem.
    • I don't want to check the server list every time i die, to check if anyone is on factions or Realm of Secrets
    Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-2.png
    Photoshopped, i don't know how to mod
    So now you should only get notifications when you watch a server ( The button doesn't magically change itself, that's just to show both of the example frames and how it could work, you press the buttons (any) to change it)
    Untitled-1.gif

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  2. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

seems pretty intrusive, but way less so than the people joining a ctf or something repeatedly asking for tdm players

i feel like a more subtle notification system (also the options to turn it off) would work pretty well and allow better server population

3. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

I always play completely zoomed out (that's normal, right?), so it wouldn't really bother me to have a little box pop up. I'd love to see a better way to get players playing together, so I support this.

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah, I can see this being a nice little QoL feature; albeit with limitations on how often people can use it (although I notice in your second pic you've a option to report people spamming the feature (http://grab.by/RuTO), so maybe that'd be enough).

Another take on it, however, might be to give players the option to "watch" servers (in similar fashion to how they can favourite them atm) and get notifications when someone else joins that server. Or possibly even implement both, seeing as their functions are complementary and allow both power users and casuals to be funnelled towards populated servers. So many options! \o/

5. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I would rather something like an in game friends list and said friends can invite players. That's probably not possible or viable, so something like a "watch server" would be awesome.

joshua12131415 likes this.
  6. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

why do the alerts need to work through the kag client? doesn't steam pretty much do this already? all we need to do is add a invite button to the esc menu that will open the steam friends list and allow us to invite specific players to your specific server. besides, your little notification system is nearly impossible because it would require a very good and functional api with a very complicated system in place to do this. although those who do not use the steam client(including myself) could not take advantage of this, that is the only downside.

7. joshua12131415

This isn't about inviting friends onto a server, its just about populating a server you like, with anyone including people you don't know... If it were to go through steam, then you would have to add every existing kag player to your friends list. The point is to invite everyone nonspecificly.

8. makmoud98

so you want the invite others button to alert all players who have the server watched?

an_obamanation and EhRa like this.
  9. joshua12131415

yes
    this conversation is really long and it got a lot more replies then i expected. If this won't be added to the game then are we all wasting our time here?

10. makmoud98

ill be honest with you. this is a LOT of work if you want it to work the way you want it. It's almost impossible because of engine limitations and the need for some very heavy work to get this to actually function. It would need some work in the API too. Although I think my idea with the ability to invite people through steam shouldn't be terribly difficult and is something that is totally doable and i think would make a relatively big difference.
    tldr; it wont happen, but inviting friends to a specific server through steam is very possible

an_obamanation likes this.
  11. Also, many KAG players do not play through Steam. I don't, and a lot of other people who purchased Premium do not use Steam.

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  12. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Exactly.
    Also, to clear up:
    Basically if you can try to gather anyone who watches a specific server if they watch it?

Mods: Rainbows