1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server configuration tool with a GUI

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Maqq, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This tool is outdated and doesn't work. Locking this thread and will reopen it if Maqq ever decides to update it.

Eli7e likes this.
  2. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

It seems I had fixed the problems with KAB but forgot to actually update the files :P

NEW VERSION!

Download from: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65858755/KAGServerConfigTool/KAB_Server_Config_Tool.zip
    or let it auto-update!

*How To Use *
    Extract the contents of the zip file to your KAG (or KAG server) folder
    On Windows start the app double clicking the file KAGServer.exe
    On Linux start the app executing the RunKAGServerCT.sh script on a terminal window
    On Mac OS X, try the same as in Linux and let me know if it works
    Hit F1 for help! (on Windows at least)

*Latest Changes *
    ??/??/2013
    *Works with KAG Beta

3. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

hey is there a way to add mods easyly

4. Hadensoz

Hadensoz Catapult Fodder

The Gamemodes aren't in the folder :C

5. RoyRoyMcBoii

RoyRoyMcBoii Catapult Fodder

I keep getting an error with JacKD's server tool where when I select a map it says "Map files must be in Base/Maps folder". The obvious answer would be to do exactly what it says but I have and I even made a fresh install of the game but I still get the same error. If anyone is having the same error and/or knows a fix can they please help me.

Happy New Year

EDIT:
    I just copied the King Arthurs Gold directory out from Steam and to the Local Disk C: and it seemed to fix up.
    EDIT EDIT:
    Now whenever I start up my server it says:
    STARTUP FAILED: Script error C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\King
    Arthur's Gold/Base/Scripts/custom_autostart.gm

Is the server tool broken?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Server tool is broken for beta and (it's been broken for classic for a while as well) hence why it's not stickied anymore.

Also last time I heard, steam caused issues with trying to run servers of your own comp. You should have less issues if you download the stand alone client from here: http://kag2d.com/en/download
    You don't actually have to login and play with it, but you can still run your server using it.

Noburu likes this.
  7. yheeths

yheeths Catapult Fodder

The tool works realy good but i have one problem. When i want to create a gamemode all works but when i start the server and i join to my server it dose t work i see the midde from the map and i cant join in a Team. Why dosen't work?

Thanks for help

Dear yheethe

8. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

@yheeths Read the post directly above yours. It has the answer.

9. yheeths

yheeths Catapult Fodder

No it work with Steam King arthur's gold. Only my own gamemode dosent work
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 5, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 5, 2014 ---
    No the tool works.
    Only my own gamemode dosent work.

Thanks for helping

Dear yheeths

10. atlz90

atlz90 Shipwright

They wont work on Windows XP (Yuz im still using it) Can you make a version for XP?

11. KArth

KArth Ballista Bolt Thrower

HELP, I can make my server (I think) but I have no idea whatsoever on how to join it... I have tried all sorts of things to no avail, please help...

12. atlz90

atlz90 Shipwright

Try direct join to localhost:(yourport) or 127.0.0.1:50301

13. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

Port Forward :)
    http://portforward.com/

14. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

I cant start the Server because the Server cant create the custom_autoconfig.bat why?

15. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

16. damian204

damian204 Chopping trees, Making forts, Stealing flags.

if i got a folder of maps that i want to run on my server, would i have to take them out and put them in the main map folder or just name the folder and put that name of the folder in the sv_mapcycle?

17. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

I'm sure you can, you just need to put in the correct directory, that's all.

18. damian204

damian204 Chopping trees, Making forts, Stealing flags.

i know this is silly but where can i find the ./KAGdedi.sh? (using a macbook air)

19. ImranZak

ImranZak Shopkeep Stealer

Hello there. If u are still on kag :P i would like to know how i can host multiple servers at once. right now if i try to use the exe and set it up the server will not start up when i press start server

20. Assassinkrad

Assassinkrad Catapult Fodder

please create a travel version for windows xp