1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

server ratings

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by GloriousToast, Sep 27, 2012.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

My thoughts on this subject is that it should be implemented. But it must be sorted for each area/country. For example I dont want to see highest rated server whitch might be in Poland or Australia and I have bad lag.
    We need most played server ratings too

toffie0, Leoprime, laurentiu and 3 others like this.
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I was thinking about it too, but maybe you had to post it in the ideas and suggestion section ......

3. GloriousToast

didnt see the stick his post will do so now

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I think flab was talking about player ratings. So you could make servers that only people with a certain rating are able to join.

Server ratings would be weird as people like different kind of servers (TDM/CTF/Zombie) and people are from different locations, like you already said. The amount of servers is so low that you should be able to remember the servers yourself right now...

edit: ah ye he discussed both..

5. GloriousToast

actually he said " server browser list by "rating"" but player rating might be nice. would it be better if rated by other players or automatically by a program

6. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

What if 'Likes' received on the forums were added to your rating? So greifers or ragers can't spam downrates as easily.

And the server having its own rating would be cool, maybe different types of ratings like 'server professionalism' or 'fun factor'.

7. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

I think flabs idea is great, and i hope to see it implemented soon. However i dont think forum likes should be added to your rating.
    A. Only about 5 percent of players are on the forums, and even less have a decent number of posts and likes.
    B. The mods and devs would be top because of their massive amounts of likes.
    C. Griefers and ragers wouldnt be able to spam downrates if some of the ideas from the first three paragraphs were put into action.

Xlayer likes this.
  8. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Aussie server my Favourite
    American servers bad ping still enjoy it

We need these server likes Aussie and action not taking away any credit to back done such as the blue pill kag server it's awesome but because of these major servers they never get anyone on them also here's a though we har a all time kag server stats so every server u play on the stats count

9. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Stop necroing threads....

Mods: Downburst, Mazey