1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Linux Server RCON TCP attacks bug?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by RXShorty, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RXShorty

RXShorty Catapult Fodder Donator

Hello,

As stated in my other thread, the server can't run for more than one day while RCON is enabled...
    sv_tcpr = 0, while this setting was active I didn't have any RCON TCP attacks, probably because it disables that function,

But now second time in a row my server has been attacked with a load of RCON TCP connections while
    sv_tcpr = 1
    It this a common bug?

Or is someone trying to disable my server all the time?! :(

Regards,

Rob

2. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I don't think this is a bug - It looks like something malicious is going on, but I'm not exactly sure what. Try shutting your server off for a few days, or keep the tcpr disabled as you have done already. After a few days time re-enable the tcpr and or up your server again and see if you continue to get the errors.

I'm gonna lock this thread as this is the bug section - I suggest you add the above post information to your help thread as well.

Cheers. :B):

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.