1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Linux Server suddenly becoming modded?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by bunnie, May 11, 2016.

1. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

For some reason, my server Iko's CTF Adventure! has became modded. I don't use any mods on it. There are no maps with things such as princess Gatu or necromancer that make the server modded. My question: is there a way to revert it without having to forceupdate all the time the server becomes modded? It really sucks because noone plays my server when it's flagged as modded :(

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Are you running rebuild via rcon or similar? The only thing that causes a server to "become" modded after it's checked all its files at start-up (if you change a script or an image file outside of maps, it'll be modded from the start) is a rebuild.

There's no way to "revert" it, but you can check what's causing it in the console, it'll print out File differs from standard version or Missing file from standard version on start up server-side, or join client-side.

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I didn't rebuild. I just edited WarCastles.png. Isn't warcastles in Maps? :l
    [16:54:30] Checking is server modded...
    [16:54:30] File differs from standard version Maps/WarCastles.png
    [16:54:30] **** This is a modded server ****

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hrm. Maybe the maps edited rule is broken. Can you try duplicating it to like WarEditedCastles and add that file to your mapcycle instead of the vanilla one and see if it helps? If that fixes it I can look into what's going on with the modded detection.