1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server Wishlist and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by trelawney, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I don't particularly care about a webpage because that can be done myself, the main thing is getting data out in a easily machine parsable way :|

Noburu likes this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just did this, it's got a player count up the top for ease too. Expect it next build.

EchoLynx, theBeaz, BlueLuigi and 2 others like this.
  3. Teemo

what is in, json?

4. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

You are the man! Thank you.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

its not in any specific data object format, just plain text.

Code:
    Number of players: 4
    Geti 
    Henry 
    Henry 
    Henry 

That some example output. Simple, but it works.

Oh yeah also break_time_static will be working properly now. Found the bit MM didn't merge and re-added it.

trelawney and Noburu like this.
  6. Teemo

Would it be hard to put something like
    Code:
    Geti,TimeConnected,Score,Kills,Death,Ping,DecIP
    Henry,TimeConnected,Score,Kills,Death,Ping,DecIP

or something?

7. theBeaz

theBeaz Shopkeep Stealer

Cool. Once it's finalized I'll share a PowerShell script for us Windows sysops so that we can recycle the server at 0 users (if it's still necessary!).

8. Geti

DecIP?
    I guess we could do that and turn it into a server stats file but is it really needed at this point?

In other news I'm looking into reworking the authorisation system to allow multiple tiers of permissions and moving bans into securitysetup.cfg to make them more immediately human readable (Banned IP, username, time and reason they were banned).

The latter might cause extra information stored in comments to be stripped out of the securityconfig file. We'll see about that, not sure I have the time to write a nice parser for it.

illu and Noburu like this.
  9. Teemo

decimal IP or whatever you use atm (like "3232235777")

it's not really needed, just a nice to have.

10. Tocksman

Tocksman Shipwright

A documented rcon protocol would be nice or perhaps a native IRC bot add-on so admins (ops in the channel) may see in-game chat/events and issue commands from IRC.

11. Zephon

Zephon Shipwright

A chance on (easy) hosting on my Mac, only to get a decent dedicated network game running (maybe restricted to macs only, if it has to be). Especially if soon, Zombies are coming to town. If I missed a topic on that matter, I'm sorry for not searching on the right keywords.

12. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I read through this, and sorry if I missed something similar, but a way see who or at least what status they are so in the descriptions it would say,
    Non-Premium: 10
    Premium: 5
    Admin: 2
    Mods: 1
    Staff: 0
    and something like that so if you had a griefer, you could jump into that match and call the mod/staff ETC. to come help you, because most newbies don't know what 'Chat' actually does.
    Also in the server description a box similar to the spoiler in the forums, and when you click on it, it brings up a list of all the players, or instead just bring up all the people with a combination of more than 3 letters the corresponding with your name so you could easily find clan members.

SARGRA13 and Noburu like this.
  13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Because they really want to be disturbed when playing a game?

It does have some merit though for just jumping in their game and playing there instead.

14. bergice

bergice Arsonist

15. There is a difference between improving server architecture (which will work for both classic and scripting) and adding new stuff to classic.

The second thing is not happening.