1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Servers don't ban people for high ping

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by The-Cub, Sep 12, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Laggers get a lot more bugs etc. also I've been in cases where the persons lagging so badly when they don't get ping banned but forced to leave since the connection and what the result is, is a bot that is unkillable and unbannable. Pink ban stops a lot of this.

If you do get ping banned the simple solution is to play on another server closer to your region. If you are still having troubles you can always contact a server owner and ask for ping immunity.

Edit: Also guys look at how old the thread is before replying. Don't quote people on what they said a year or go or something and answer them, because they're reaction is more going to be like, when in the world did I post that / in that thread.

bru-jaz, EhRa and J-man2003 like this.
  2. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

For players? Which players...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 22, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 22, 2016 ---
    AGGGHHH, Does nobody understand how having a high ping works? It's where your connection is really bad, so stuff sent to the server takes a lot longer, and at the same time, without any exceptions, every single time, all the time that someone has lag, whenever they are lagging, always (if they are lagging), so long as they are lagging, then it also take a lot longer to recieve stuff. What was the lagger's score @toffie0 ? Have you ever lagged yourself? It doesn't make players invulnerable to all damage, it may be harder to know where they are, but it's a two way thing, and the lagger is the one that gets the disadvantage (except for one on ones, perhaps), like I said, because of the fact that from the laggers point of view, it's everyone else... Please don't make me say this again...

Also, I didn't think it right to make a new thread, they said something to do with telling us not to post about something that's already been posted.
    Don't quote 1 year old messages :yes:

3. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I was talking about a bug that can occur if the players pig is too high and their forced to leave the server. A bot / unkicksble blob / whatever you want to call it may remain after the player is forced to leave because of ping, I'm unsure if this bug is still around however.

4. Olimarrex

I can't say I've ever seen that happen, except when I get killed whilst switching class & lagging. If it's anything like that, I couldn't imagine it being enough of a problem, and surely removing ping bans would fix this problem, as they wouldn't be forced to leave?
    EDIT: I somehow didn't notice this part of your post
    The problem is, I live in an area with terrible internet, so I lag no matter which server I'm on. And I don't see why everyone else who also has terrible ping should have to ask server owners to give them special permission, if asking for permission is fine, why don't they just set it as a default thing so that you cut out the whole shenanigans of locating the server owners of any server that you play on?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

The bug happened with the owl king like once. It is a very rare bug and is no excuse to say that high ping buggy(there are enough things to whine about with ping as is). There also arent many non-official hosters so your only bet is to get admin. Laggy admin=fine, laggy player=threaten to ban you and try to convince other admins that it is a good idea to ban laggers. /whine /loweffort /ect.
    good point. Very few people can stand lag(im personally fine with anything up to 166 but i avoid aus like the plague). I just dont get why there's an official server for people who are globally banned but there cant be 1 of the official server in each region that doesn't have a ping ban instituted.

6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

And it's TTH with 12 slots :X3:

PUNK123 likes this.
  7. Olimarrex

I'd really like to know an devs opinion on this ... I was kinda hoping that one of the would come, but I guess not ...
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 28, 2016 ---
    FFS, I'm never able to play on official servers, half of them are empty anyway, what gives?
    @Furai

PUNK123 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows