1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Setup files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Furai, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

So - lately I've been playing with rules set up. I was trying to get what they really do but without proper documentation it seems impossible. Anyway they seem to be incomplete. I managed to make one team or multiple teams - 3 and more. I managed to change teams names along with it colours. Same with damage multipliers, infinite ammo (it was hilarious to throw infinite bombs with knight to dig hole to the very edge of map. :lol: ), change scoring rules, time limit and so on...

What I didn't manage was to force one certain class per team - for example I wanted to have in one team only archers or so.
    Is that possible at all? Also I tried to somehow give them infinite resources but to no avail...

Can someone guide me? Possibly King Arthur himself? If one could be so kind - msg me at IRC: #kag @ Qnet.

2. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I've been messing with the rules a bit too, care to share what settings you've found do what?
    Seems you've done quite a bit.

I managed to get a proper CTF working. As long as a builder mines 2 blocks and deposits them in the bank at the start, the rest of the round works great.

Let's get a database of what settings do what going, yeah?

3. Kotking

Kotking Guest

Multiple teams.. interesting)
    Can you send me some settings ?
    hehe 2 teams and the rulers of the world! The GREEN TEAM!

4. bilbs

bilbs Guest

1 team in the center and 1 on each side?
    That could get intense.

5. Furai

Tried to do that. And almost succeeded...almost. I added to generator one big mountain in the middle - and added there spawn as well. Created new team and called them King of the hill. Unfortunatelly assigning spawns isn't working as it should (thought that team with ID 0 would be assigned to the first spawn but it wasn't...) so it ended up like that one spawn (tent) was free, and 2 others were working as they should (players spawning next to it). The one on the hill was working just fine and the one on the right. The left one had problems - people spawned in top left corner of the map. Dunno what's wrong. Only one thing came to my mind - rules scripts aren't ready yet and they hardly support any modding. :)
    + assigning colour to the team changes only scoreboard (it could change colours of clothes, spawn, emblem and tag above player's head).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to fixing those issues so one day I could really do some kings of the hill gamemode. :)

6. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I think color might be the problem there.
    There aren't sprites to assign the team to, there isn't a tent, and more importantly there is no way to designate on a map anything other than red or blue team.

7. Furai

In my opinion sprites should be only a shape and while team colour is chosen the game itself would override the corresponding colours.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but spawn point is a dot in colour of team. Right? Why not trying to put there dot in the same colour as team? Maybe it'll work. :D