1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shadreki's Port Forwarding Guide

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Shadreki, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Shadreki

Shadreki ᴋᴀɢ ᴅᴡᴇʟʟᴇʀ Donator

Last updated: 2013-07-18
    Note: How-to videos /w voice commentary is on the to-do list.
    In the old days, I remember having a router or anything else that blocked would be the bane of multiplayer interactivity. Especially if you were in a young age, then you probably didn't know what the heck was wrong or your parents didn't let you have access to your router.

In other words, a router has the ability to filter the flow of data packets. This is one if not the only reason why you can't run your KAG2D server(s), your router's settings aren't allowing the needed ports in order for players to connect.
    How to find out if you have a router? If players can't connect to your server while your internet is turned on, then that serves as proof. However, you could use nifty sites such as this one to check if you can be seen. http://www.canyouseeme.org/

What ports do I need forwarded? As far as I know, you will need to forward these ports with he following protocols:
    • 50301 (UDP & TCP) Used to listen for game connections & to listen for remote admin connections.
    • 50328 (UDP) Used to communicate with clients.
    • 80 (TCP) Used for auto updates.
    • 443 (TCP) Used for API server communication.
    TCP = Transmission Control Protocol
    UDP = User Datagram Protocol

50301 & 50328 are the default ports set in your server's settings if you haven't changed them yet. You could also use other ports, just remember to port forward them correctly in both your router and your computer's personal firewall if you have any.

OK! I've got a router, how to manage it? You must find your default gateway. I'm a windows user, so this is how I do it:

[​IMG]
    So you have your router's IP. Use your internet browser and write it into the navigation bar and you will be redirected to your router's login screen. If you don't know your router's login credentials, then you must ask your parents for permission first:

[​IMG]
    Now it will be harder for me to explain how to port forward, simply because every router has its own design. Instead, I'll link you this site which has a lot of router guides. If not all of them: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

And if you for some reason are feeling lazy or you still can't figure this out, then you could use this software. My mate PainGiver showed this to me and you could give it a try, it looks pretty legit to me: http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/

Windows Firewall, step-by-step! Sorry about the foreign language, I made some quick translations to make it easier for you.

[​IMG]
    I have port forwarded, but it's still not working! Well, then that means you have a personal firewall on your computer, which is blocking your connection(s). Try solving it yourself for a first try. If you can't get it working, then I'll be offering free TeamViewer support. I'll be controlling your computer and asking you questions and you can stop at any moment if you're feeling like it.

Attached Files:

2. FlammableSoulz

FlammableSoulz Drill Rusher

Thanks Shad my server is now working:thumbs_up:

Shadreki likes this.
  3. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Here's a list of guides to port forward on almost every router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

And Shadreki is right, every router is different when it comes to their configurations and settings. So there no way someone could make a universal step in port forwarding a router. The least she could do was provide the proper configuration for the ports on your router.

4. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

yeah yeah makes sense for me
    but the title still wrong

5. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I don't think it's really going to kill you seeing the title as it is now. It's a Guide on port forwarding. There's no where in the title that says this guide shows you how to port forward on your router. The title is suitable for this topic. Could it be worded better? Possibly, but like I said, it's fine as it is.