1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shiprekt - Game Type Suggestions

Discussion in 'Requests' started by crackwise, Apr 21, 2014.

1. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

Various suggestions have been already made for some game-play tweaks in another thread, such as new weapons, blocks etc. I think it would perhaps be better to discuss the possible game types for Shiprekt in a seperate thread.
    Here are my suggestions:

1) Last man standing (the current, default mod)
    Here, the team who is the only survivor at the end wins. This is the current state. I personally don't favor this standard game mod so much, because it is possible to win by camping only.

2) Deathmatch
    This time, the team who eliminates the highest number of other teams wins, simple enough. What happens when your core is destroyed (your team eliminated)? You spawn at another location with your core somewhere away from other teams, away from the carnage and start again. The team who reaches the highest score (e.g. 10) wins!

3) Capture the flag
    This game type is strictly two teams against each other. You need to defend your flag from enemy ships and also need to build attack oriented ships in order to capture the enemy's flag. Capturing means touching the enemy flag for some time (e.g. 10 seconds).

4) Flag Rally
    In this game type, the point is to touch as much as enemy flags as possible until the time ends. Touching means you need to get close to the flag with at least one guy of your team. And yes, there needs to be a timer for this game to work (e.g. 15 minutes).

[​IMG]
    As seen on the image above, teams beings on the red points, and the yellow boxes need to be touched.
    This game requires that you coordinate your team well, who defends the home flag who goes where etc.

I personally think this game type would be very fun. Especially with experienced crews with team synergy, it can be played very strategically.

5) King of the Island and
    6)Last Man Near the Island
    [​IMG]
    Each team core begins at the red locations. To win the game in the "king of the island" mod, you need to be around the yellow location (flag) the longest time until the timer ends.

"The last man near the island" is similar, but now when the timer ends, the team who remains as the last surviving team near the island (or flag) while their core intact, wins the game. If the time has finished, but there is still more than one team near the island, it ends until only one team remains there.

-------------------------------------------------------
    For the game types 4 - 6, there needs to be some waiting time until players join. When the match starts, there can not join any other players until the current match ends (e.g. matches of 15 mins).
    -------------------------------------------------------
    (I got the idea for some of these from the multiplayer game types of "Myth II: Soulblighter". An awesome game by the way, an old gem!)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Potatobird likes this.
  2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I don't know if you can move your own threads, but this stuff should probably go in "Mod Requests".

That said, my favorite ideas are the Deathmatch mode and the Capture the Flag mode. Sometimes I just want to build my own ship and go sailing around rekking people without anyone else on my boat. Deathmatch would be perfect for this!

Capture the flag would be the opposite - big, team based fleet warfare. I think it would be cool if the two teams had several cores, so there would be many allied ships sailing around - which might be more fun than just two massive rafts.

As for flag rally, I don't think it would work as well with the average player count of shiprekt games. You'd probably need at least 16 people for it to work.

3. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I'm up for creating a CTF shiprekt w/ my islands mod, will start on it soon.

Potatobird and crackwise like this.
  4. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

I agree totally with you guys. I also agree that deathmatch and CTF for Shiprekt are a must! Deathmatch promotes individual game play and the latter is great for coordinated teamwork. I hope people manage to mod these things in eventually.