1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shooting bombs down

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by kodysch, Dec 14, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

If you've ever played archer you've experienced the sensation of shooting a bomb with your arrow. Most likely it hasn't happened again. I suggest that this phenomena be made more common, but not easy. Balance is sure to be a thing to tweak with. It allows archers with skill to fend of bomb arrows. Again I'm not saying that it be made easy just easier.

tenderpublish likes this.
  2. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Or you could have bomb or water arrows with bigger collision boxes that are easier to hit bombs with and send them a lot further, if that's possible to alter their interaction with just bombs?

4. I actually like this idea - it would give the archer more survivability, and would encourage knights to cook their bombs more like in Classic. It'd be a little finicky to manage, and probably the shotgun shot shouldn't knock back bombs or only a full charge arrow does, or something like that.

Knights can already deflect bombs by shield surfing onto them - we've all seen a bomb get kicked up in the air by a shield.

J-man2003 and kodysch like this.
  5. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

Water arrow...

dual_chiecken likes this.
  6. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Whichever way gets us to the desired result

7. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Or...

If you are crouching while the bomb explodes the damage is reduced by 50%. :thumbs_up:

Edit: If I could like my own post, I would do so.

8. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

Or just grab and throw the bomb back, most often than not they don't see this coming (you just need a fast enough reaction to catch it and throw it back without wasting time) . if you die while doing it at least the person throwing it doesn't kill you, its a win win :smug::thumbs_up:

9. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

It usually explodes the same time you catch it and it is impossible with the ping you got.

kodysch likes this.
  10. nah archers are already 2op

RampageX likes this.
  11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Would love this to occur! I go for these shots all the time and never make it, I can't even knock a stationary one back to save a team mate.

Dargona1018 and kodysch like this.
  12. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

A smart knight is usually cooking his bombs as much as Walter White.
    I am not catching ANYTHING and instead activating my GTFO grapple hook. XD

Increased chance for regular arrows to deflect bombs makes me imagine a following issue where copious amounts of arrow spam from an archer dominant team completely negates a knight's major way in dealing with said archers O_o

Deflecting arrows sounds more balanced with special arrows as they cost the archer something in advance, encouraging a pre meditated strategy to be employed rather than chain gunning arrows.

Although honestly I think part of the charm of shooting bombs down is the fact that they are as rare as a majestic unicorn basking in the light of a blue moon :D

tenderpublish and J-man2003 like this.
  13. Personally archers can usually win 1v1s with knights but bombs are the knights advantage that can already be avoided by running with the grapple or just timing the water arrows correctly like you already do Oodle
    I don't want to see archers doing insane bomb deflections, they should be running from them or countering them before thrown

SirDangalang likes this.
  14. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Rather than a new mechanic for archers to use in beating knights I think Oodle desires a slightly increased chance for it to happen just for laughs.
    (He's a amazing archer already ::D:)

The points raised here are the reasons why it shouldn't be TOO easy to achieve from a balance perspective though ::):

Still totally hitting a bomb Robin Hood style with an apple is hella fun any time it happens haha

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    kodysch likes this.
Mods: Rainbows