1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shortcut to toggle Windowed/Fullscreen with ALT+Enter

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by class101, Nov 12, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. class101

class101 KAG Lover Donator

Features: User should be able to enter windowed/fullscreen mode by just pressing Alt+Enter

Why: It allows to quickly switch from windowed to fullscreen and vice versa while playing and also at any time

2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

lel old post but no responses.
    Why would you even need to change to fullscreen/windowed mode while playing anyways? You just need to set your resolution and if you want to play in fullscreen or not and not need to change it anymore.
    I would suggest moving the fullscreen setting to the settings withing KAG (where you can change video settings). I've noticed that the setting is a bit hidden, especially for newer players.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The rendering engine we use doesn't allow swapping fullscreen/windowed without a full reset of the graphics engine, which clears out all textures, meshes etc and requires all of them to be re-loaded/generated.

It'd be possible to code "around", but honestly it's unlikely to ever happen for the amount of benefit. That's why it's currently set outside of the game - so that the "right choice" can be made based on that setting.

Incidentally, it also doesn't support a proper undecorated window/"fullscreen windowed" mode, so we're SOL there too.

epsilon likes this.
Mods: Rainbows