1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Should it take longer to charge slash?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Raelian, Sep 26, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

As the tittle suggests, I am curios to hear what other people think of the current charge time required to perform a slash. At the moment I feel that charging a slash is a bit too quick, to the point that I had tiny lag spikes which made it seem as if my opponent almost instant-slashed me.

I also noticed that when compared to an archer's charged shot, a knight slash charges almost twice as fast, making retaliation or grappling hook attempts at escaping, impossible for an archer unless the knight misses (somehow). This also makes passing by knights, as an archer, very difficult given that they can one shot almost instantly and have a pretty big range, not to mention the ability to slash jump allows them to reach most archers that attempt to swing over them.

Besides the above, I think (in theory atleast) that by increasing the charge time, jabs would end up a bit more useful and make the option of charging forward and jabing the knight that's attempting to slash, a more viable option than at present. This might also remove the slash-lock where one knight keeps slashing the other until the defender is dead or managed to back away (if lucky). Of course it might also prolong knight duels a bit since it would force players to either back away and recalculate the distance and timing for their next slash or, if they wish to end it quickly while adding a bit of risk, have them try a jab or two at their opponent in hopes of finishing them off.

I think the knight could stand a small nerf given that he's already a power-house that can instant kill almost anything; with the exception of other knights (most last 2-3 seconds longer but eh), bisons or sharks.

magnum357, norill and NinjaCell like this.
  2. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Knight's slash is fine, it's the network code that needs fixing.

Brandon816 likes this.
  3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Nah. Make jabs not an insta-stun instead. Archers are fairly powerful in cqc already thanks to their stun, btw.

4. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Yeah I think slash time is fine where its at. Its obviously something that the devs would be worried about over other things that are much more important. Beta is a much faster moving game compared to classic anyways so obviously things like slash time and loading arrows is going to be a little quicker than how things used to be. It's something you will just have to get used to because it will most likely not change.

5. Beta is as sheek said, far faster than classic - honestly, a competent archer should have no issue escaping from a knight unless they misplay or something with their grapple- it's not a "press button 2 escape" system, it's a method of throwing yourself over a short distance.

6. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The only issue I find with knight is probably the sword sprite, it's hard to judge where the tip of it lands and if it does even hit you.

7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Yeah, they really need to make it so that the sword sprite actually hits the people, not getting slashed from 5 feet away

8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

You may probably notice how it has dark contour at the tip and you can't see that last few pixels there, I'll screw around with sprite and see what happens, like making that contour lighter.

Mods: Rainbows