1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Show us your battle stations!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eggnogg, Feb 18, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Newbie

Newbie Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ah, I see. I have one of those in my guest room, or at least something very similar, and they're not bad at all.

2. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Desk, not army bootcamp.

Piano and inactive_account like this.
  3. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

But there are no computers? That just looks like a campground to me, not a battlestation.

4. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

5. Frogdo

Frogdo Shopkeep Stealer

I like your room.

6. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The cover in-front of the big screen, well that's on a very soft, antique basically, German mattress, on-top of a metal braced, Military Cot. It's super comfortable. Beside that, is that SUPER soft, sturdy couch that I use as my Desk Chair.

I got 4 other computers set up around the house, networked together. My 52 inch, Flat-screen, HD TV in the kitchen, has a computer hooked up into it, along with the Satellite and the Roku. The PS3 hooked up on that Flat-screen in the Kitchen.

A computer set up on my Wireless Network, is in the back of the house, near the Laundry room and the Den. It's so that I can access my files, games, music, images, videos, whatever I want, wherever I want, whenever I want. At any given time.

I got 5, heavy duty radio's and speaker system set up throughout my entire house, each connected into each other, and the speakers. The fifth one is to control every other radio. It's basically a wired and wireless connection, and it's all hooked into each computer. Hard to explain how it works like that. Took forever to do it. Each room has a TV, connected to the Satellite.

If you look to the right hand side, where the monitor is, (with the other one on-top of it,) it's sitting up-top of a speaker. This is to prove my radio set up a bit more.

My next biggest set up, when I get the right stuff for it, to do it, is so, with a push of a button on a remote, any monitor will access any of the computers, and the one used the most, will be the 52 inch, flat-screen TV, in the Kitchen. This way I can get food or drinks in an instant, and each computer has a wireless mouse and keyboard. Each keyboard has a built in mouse, and I also have the wireless mice itself, too. This is to make it that much easier on myself.

Basically my whole house is my Battle Station.

7. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Thiamor, I have the same grey plastic coat hanger as you! :3

8. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh, near the window, at the left hand, top side, you'll see a Super-Nintendo controller. It's a belt buckle that I made out of a real controller. It's hooked to the belt, if you look.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  9. inkBot

inkBot Catapult Fodder

Haven't really posted here much (well... at all really). But here's mine.

[​IMG]

10. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Well, welcome to the forums. I see you're an artist?

11. inkBot

inkBot Catapult Fodder

Thank you, and yes. :)

12. Frogdo

Frogdo Shopkeep Stealer

Robin Hobb is a pretty decent author, I still have to read a bunch of her stuff.​

13. inkBot

inkBot Catapult Fodder

She's pretty much become my favourite author.
    If anything I'd recommend the Tawny Man trilogy, unless you've already read it. :)

14. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

15. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

If that is your router under the table, I'd imagine you get a lot of accidental disconnections.

Guitarman and Ej like this.
  16. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

17. Wolffkran

Wolffkran Horde Gibber

Fuck being elaborate, my battle station is supported by TV trays. One for the laptop, the other for my mouse and food. Oh and for style points, it's set up next to my bed. That's right. I have a bed for a chair.

18. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Don't judge me ;-;
    WP_000083.jpg

19. Newbie

Newbie Ballista Bolt Thrower

20. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Holy shit. Now that's a gaming set up.

Mods: BlueLuigi