1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Siege Towers

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by NinjaCell, Sep 30, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

A problem I see in many matches is two big towers at either end with a no-man's land between them.
    (Often including a large pit and/or water)
    This is the type of map where stalemates generally occur. Archers can destroy walls and scale them but they need knights to kill any people defending the flag. Builders can't do much here. The best idea would be to build a smaller tower, but that is far to time consuming.

My suggestion is to add a "siege tower" option in the siege shop. The price would be around 100 coins + large amounts of stone or wood. It would move, but rather slowly.
    It would be very damage resistant in order to allow damage to be done to towers. This would be offset by it's high cost.

Other features:
    • Storage for items.
    • Spiked roof
    • Catapult/ballista equippable
    • Workbench for drills/boulders (to maximise drill use and boulders for catapult)
    • Onscreen alert when activated to notify teammates
    • Archer nest just below roof/above door
    • Extendable platform out front?
    • Eagle/Bear motif on front
    Note: This would not act as a spawn.

2. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Wow, I feel like this idea has major potential, but it would require quite some work in terms of spriting/coding. It would actually be quite refreshing to see two siege towers collide with each other and see the outcome :wink: . But I think that siege towers shouldn't be extremely large when set up, Otherwise it would render the enemies defense into blocks of lego which the opposing team could easily climb over and turn it into one of their own
    +1 for creativity.

NinjaCell likes this.
  3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

How would it deal with unever terrain as 90% of the maps are full of holes and other things.

Other than that, cool idea.

4. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

that should be nice. I think i saw sumthin llike that in a youtube vid of thhe early versions of KAG

5. And how do you suggest these are taken down?

This would end stalemates fast but their is no way to take them down, unless they don't have a spike roof

6. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Spec arrows, bombs, mines, kegs, drills, catapult, ballista, slashes, arrows, boulders, collapses. Or when all the guys inside are killed. It's possible to get past the spikes too. Especially with chickens.
    Well, a lot of the rougher maps make it easier to build towers, big flat maps are the problem. If it is possible, it would be cool to have caterpillar tracks or have it so that the wheels tilt but the tower stays upright. One or two block steps shouldn't be a problem.

7. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I would love this in the game! Great idea ninja :wink:!!!

8. Easier said than done, cool idea, not sure @Geti is not looking for stuff to balance as far as I know. Would be cool to see. Maybe act the same way the bison does? With less speed and health? This thing better be taken down easily or else it's not going to fall.

9. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Well, normally a tower near the enemy base is going to be pretty big, so guys will jump down on it straight away.
    (Like warboats when they are too close)
    The spike tower should stop this for a while. A keg to the top will do plenty damage and may kill everyone inside.
    Maybe the front will have lots of health, but there will be a weak point at the back. They could be susceptible to fire.

Or alternatively, once they have been imobilised (can only be done by the driver) it will turn to regular blocks and can be burned/demolished.

10. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

is lowercase and plural in title the only difference?
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/siege-tower.15804/

Don't you know?, the first one complete building and holding a wonder for 2000 years automatically wins the game.
    You only need 1000 Wood, 1000 Stone and 1000 Gold

11. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I searched the suggested threads so CAPS is probably why it didn't come up. My suggestion was also a properly formatted idea where as theirs was a general suggestion for a third siege engine, which was probably why it was locked.

The original "more siege" was a movable spawn point, posted pre-CTF and is basically a warboat on land. It was also used for ramming. While it is called "more siege", it is really just a single idea separate from my own. I do not think his idea is relevant enough for me to revive the thread or for this thread to be locked/merged.

My idea, on the other hand, is posted to resolve a common problem in CTF, does not allow units to spawn, does not do damage by itself and is used to help a team assault a tower rather than as a portable base. It has much less function without an opposing tower.

12. How are they going to jump on it with a spike roof? No one is going to take the time to keg something like that

This is why I suggest it doesn't have a spike roof so it can be sieged

13. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

If it had no spikes it would get overrun in a matter of seconds. With spikes, more planning is needed, like jumping across to avoid the spike damage or at least reducing it, rather than just jumping down from anywhere all haphazardly.

I have found that people will keg anything, especially if it lasts more that five seconds on the battle field. Even without kegs, it will take a while (but not ages) to destroy, allowing the tower to be attacked, hopefully long enough to obtain a flag. Not so long that a stalemate will occur or that it will be invincible (it will be right next to the enemies' spawn half the time), just long enough that a decent attempt at attacking can be made.

14. Well you want to have a decent push going with a spike roof you can easily counter anyone trying to board the mechanism

15. yellowwhy1

yellowwhy1 Catapult Fodder

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
    Please let this happen @Geti

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Someone (VanHuek I think) already modded this sort of thing. We were talking about making this earlier, but decided that unless it's something built by players it's only so interesting to have. If anyone (maybe @Rayne ?) has the mod file maybe give it to these people :^) Won't be added to vanilla.

NinjaCell likes this.
  17. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Verzuvius likes this.
Mods: Rainbows