1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Sieges and More

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Urist, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Urist

Urist Guest

Today we had a few Siege Battles on the Offical Euro server. One team would mainly Gold Dig while the other would attack and try and steal their gold. Sometimes new folk coming into the Server didn't get it, and dug for gold while on the Siegeing team, but we have seen some great battles...

So far the Sieges have won 1/3 battles, Poor show, but this was with folk not understanding how things were happening...

2. Slappy Moose

Slappy Moose Guest

Anyone else who thinks this should be an official mode say "aye."

AYE!

3. bilbs

bilbs Guest

aye!

4. B3NW

B3NW Guest

I think before game modes can be made, the support for user-created maps would need to be improved, from there an improved server software would need to be made.

The kind of user-created maps improvements that could be added would be things such as the ability to save positions of catapults, the ability to place ladders on back walls etc.. Both of which to my knowledge would be an easy fix.

5. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I don't know about making this the default game mode but I sure want to add this as a server option. I think there could be pre-made maps made for this, so that builder would just repair or add elements to the castle during the siege.

6. Gumball135

Gumball135 Guest

Aye.
    Also, a ''Kill the King'' mode. One team has to defend their king for, say, 10 minutes in a pre-built castle. Roles switch every round, and the first team to kill the enemy leader when the other fails, wins. The defending team wouldn't have access to Builders, otherwise they could simply hide the king underground and wall him in.

Similar idea; both teams have a king, they have to transport him to the other side of the map, the only problem being that the king is extremely vulnerable. First to do so 3 times wins.

OR maybe we could go Fat Princess and do ''Capture the King''. Hitting the king enough so that his health is gone allows you to carry him. Whoever's carrying the enemy's king moves extremely slowly. Bring him back to your tent to win.