1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Signature rules.

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Sep 10, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Hmm I might take some 50 px of the height of mine. I think I'm going to make a new one anyway :p

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

You can have as big signature as you want - just put it into spoiler tags.

Valkyrie likes this.
  3. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Since there are still enourmous signatures around (toffie0, lukepop, superblackcat, PumpkingSlice, Spoolooni, MCrypa, KnightGabe13, ...) I would suggest enforcing the following rules:
    • The complete signature size should not exceed 540px x 100px:
      [​IMG]
    • So, either:
      • five lines of text (implying the default font "Verdana" and the default font size of 3, without any blank lines)
        OR
      • one image of 540px x 100px or several small ones adding up to a maximum of 540px x 100px
        OR
      • a mixture of images and text adding up to a maximum of 540px x 100px.
    • If you want your signature to include even more stuff use spoiler-tags [SPOILER][/SPOILER].
      Keep in mind that every spoiler counts as one line since it also occupies a bit space in its closed state. (So with one spoiler you got four lines of text left.) Inside your spoilers you can add as much content as you like.
    What you think? Maybe only restricting the height and not the width?

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I don't think width shouldn't be limited, just the height. It's somewhat annoying when a person's signature is bigger and taller than his post.

Noburu likes this.
  5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Personally, the only limit to height should be that you aren't allowed to have a scroll bar. If your sig is so big, that you have to scroll through it, you should have to remove some stuff.well Mainly because it annoys me when I'm using the scroll wheel and scrolling past their signature takes longer than the rest of the page.

Width usually isn't an issue, because the forum automatically limits width anyways and it doesn't add any additional scrolling.

6. illu

- user with a screen resolution of 1024x600 --> has to scroll through signatures :QQ:
    - user with a screen resolution of 2560x1440 --> doesn't :migrant:

That's no solution to the problem. The thing just is: If we don't add anything to the rules, we will always have some users with big signatures. It's not like we need to be 100% strict and punish everybody who uses a sig which is 20px larger. We could add my suggestion from above (without the width) to the rules and add something like:
    "We will treat those 'rules' more as 'guidelines'. Meaning, we won't ban you only because your signature is some pixels larger. Just use common sense and make sure your signature isn't a multiple of your post. Still: Very large signatures may lead to punishments. You have been warned."

And while we're at it, another example: JaffaCake :left::argh:

7. Soo.. my signature is just too big4u? I think it fits my screen perfectly :)

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

karpovich's sig is alright compared a few others like tollie that one is so big
    karp just put it into a spoiler
    is mine fine?

9. D: Spoilers too hard4me

10. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

Settings -> Preferences -> [X] Show people's signatures with their messages -> [ ] Show people's signatures with their messages

Kids get to keep their obnoxious signatures and naysayers avoid having to see them. And everybody's happy!

Rayne likes this.
  11. illu

You're so yesterday:

12. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

And yet here you are, two years later, complaining.
    It's there for a reason, use it or suffer in silence.

Bammboo likes this.
  13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I dunno about you guys but on my forum skin huge signatures like karp's get put in a little scroll box so they're no bigger than kouji's.

Rayne, PixieKeira, dnmr and 2 others like this.
  14. PixieKeira

PixieKeira Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Delta Force - Delta

This^

/thread

rocker2 likes this.
  15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

So why is soulrealm exempt from this rule?

My current screen resolution is 1600x900, and his big, ugly signature takes up the ENTIRE SCREEN.

16. illu

17. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

[​IMG]
    Yus no more problem :) (Well soon :|)
    No more big signatures, no more 1600x900 signatures!

18. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I know about it and I'm looking forward to it. I'm actually waiting with updating the forum until we get 1.2 release.

delankski likes this.
  19. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Toffie0 has got a extremely small signature ( Ironic ).

Also, I have a 100% width theme, and I see all the signatures, in integrality. Just horrible. You should add a option for these themes.

Digger101 likes this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97