1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Single Player Mechanism Preview, Build Server News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  2. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

*cough* mines *cough*
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 1, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 1, 2014 ---
    Instant Stalemate.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Not if you use the power of cata+boulder. A single boulder through that contraption and you've lost a whole lot of time/effort. Also, ideally, those arrows should break after flying a short distance (don't know if the .gif cuts it off? Or maybe that's just something that needs to be added in for spam-reduction's sake).

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just needs internal ammo and you'll quickly spend most of your time re-arming bullet spammers :^)

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I can't help but picture an epic charge against a huge arrow-spam machine, with Knights protecting Builders and Archers with their shields as they slowly push forward.

I want to see these mechanics in action in a real fight.

6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

*archer with a lot of coins buys a lot ammo and loads it* GET REKT RED TEAM!!! maybe you could have a low arrow capacity for the bolter to counter this sort of thing, because even if this was just a mod I can see how stupid OP this could be for knights that lay there shield for a second or two.

7. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

This idea will only be appealing to me, when you'll be able to shoot spikes. :rekt:

8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@J-man2003 I've said explicitly that we don't plan on adding this to "normal" ctf any time soon for precisely those reasons. Ammo capacity would be likely to be as low as a single stack of arrows.
    I don't doubt that'll be the first thing modded in once they're available, but in terms of vanilla content a "builder wars" mode without any knights or archers is much more likely.

@MadRaccoon trampoline cannons not already attractive enough? ;)

MadRaccoon and Verzuvius like this.
  9. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

It'll work with water arrows, right?

10. BillyWeedman

BillyWeedman Haxor

Maybe this will make insta picking normal arrows actually useful instead of being a waste of inventory space

11. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Even if this isn't going to be in multiplier for a long ass time just a few things.

Something has to be done to prevent these from further encouraging mine crafting, mine crafting resulting in loosing will not be enough to stop people from making a huge wall of dispensers in the back of the base.

If these are going to be viable then you have to make them resistant to bombs.

Depending on how the meta goes a more viable counter may or may not be needed for keg drops.

Either way great job Skinny.

12. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Not sure about how well this fits the game, but it was amusing, and the possibilities are definitely interesting. I'd like to take the opportunity to mention a couple of ideas I had a long time ago, and told about, but didn't receive a lot of feedback on. Perhaps they could fit together with the things Skinny is working on. Namely different types of elevators and conveyor belts. One of the things I loved (and love still) about KAG is the various ways of building clever contraptions. There's only so much you can do with blocks, saws and trampolines though. Conveyor belts, for example could have both automation uses (transporting wood to a saw, and planks from a saw to a storage) and defensive uses (forcing attackers to hold in directional keys to reach/stay at the enemy's wall). In any case, it's really promising to see something new.

Edit: Also, drawbridges!

BTW, I've been away from the game for a while, and have been playing quite a lot this last week or two. I'm a bit frustrated about a couple of things still.

- When destroying things as a builder the "pointer" end up to whatever is where the builder is standing. I've broken so many buildings and ladders this way. I believe a patch a long time ago was supposed to fix this, but it isn't fixed. Just really annoying after a while. Could you just please not reset the pointer? :o)

- Targeting as a builder is also quite troublesome. This applies especially to doors and spikes. There's some strange priorities going on, which isn't at all what you expect.

- Lastly, on some servers I've experienced major lag after a while, when building things. Menu is responding, but when you select what to build, the cursor doesn't change. This might be a modded server related issue (particularly zombie mods, I think), but it's been there for a long while and it's quite annoying, forcing people to vote for next map. I just hope someone can find out why this happens and possibly come up with a solution. If it's mod related; what could be the cause? (Something gives me the impression it could be a possible memory leak though?)

Cheering for KAG!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  13. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I can't picture this, on account of the teamwork required.

Ricket, Psiklaw, Dargona1018 and 3 others like this.
  14. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Yeah, I know. But I can dream.

Psiklaw likes this.
  15. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Can't wait to make my first calculator in KAG!

Haste likes this.
  16. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Single Player Mechanism Preview, Build Server News
    Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Nov 14, 1914.

Ded gme iz ded

[Insert >Dead Gif/Pic< Please]

17. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

:ehh::eek::eek::eek:
    Geti made a mechanism for begin a human and take his revenge agaist the humanity so he made a perfect copy of a allemand politican guy and taked the power. Is why Nov 14 1 9 1 4

Psiklaw likes this.
  18. Only 2 water arrows would be fired

19. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You just described the average match of build 1239 where half the team is archer on a stalemate map sans the bit about teamwork.

I would much rather the current build was fixed before another pile of broken features were thrown in. In particular I have no doubt all this new stuff will be particularly lag inducing and considering this laptop of mine can take planetside 2 and battlefield and such and such but then go over 20 pixelated people on kag and the FPS tanks to unplayability the optimization has room for improvement.

101i, Dargona1018 and Verzuvius like this.
  20. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

What could be nice, I think, is if features like these were made into optional "packs"; official mods you can choose to enable on your server or not.

There has been a lot of various changes and new stuff over KAG's life time. Some have been well received, while others not. If only the very basics (the first released version?) were included by default, and everything else were turned into official mods with versioning, we could pick and choose as we wish, while the official servers always run the latest set. We have working mod support, so why not?

It would've made sense to do something like this from the beginning, but it's never too late. It's in the hands of the developers though to allow this. Firstly, we don't have the old versions anymore. Secondly, the content isn't really ours and so we can't legally share it, I reckon. Thirdly, if incompatible changes are made to the engine itself, or any non-scripted functionality, the concept won't work.