1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Skill dropping down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragonShark, Jun 6, 2014.

1. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Well said

2. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

the keg will explode and there aint shit you can do about it. how anyone preferred the previous keg mechanics is mindblowing to me. as you said chukka knights still fuck archers up. the solution is just bombs which most people tend to buy atleast 2 (i would hope) at respawn.

just bomb jump to an archer or toss it a whole screen away and the archer is completely ded.

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I feel ya, DragonShark.
    I usually don't play for KD, but I have noticed that I usually have just as many kills as I do deaths.
    I am not consistent at all, which bugs me.

Just an example situation:
    First 5 deaths, I get 3 kills sizing up the enemy.
    Then I suck for a long period, less than one kill per death.
    But then I get these epic moments, like one a couple days ago.

I bomb-jump over the water, onto a tower with a ballista.
    I kill 2 people as they try to climb ladders up to me.
    I have one more bomb, randomly throw it under me, the tower crashes down, the ballista is ours, and they have one less line of defense.
    Then, on a flat surface full of workshops, I totally rekt the same 3 people for a total of AT LEAST 20 kills.

Personally, though, I think that I am only as good as the team backing me up, so maybe that's your problem.
    You don't get good teams that support you, so you can't get far enough to actually DO anything.
    I have battled with you before ( SWEDE Dargona1018 , or •Darg• ) and you aren't too bad.
    Sadly, at that time, it was mostly 1v1 so I didn't get to see you supported, but I think that's the problem.

4. its cuz u suk

RampageX likes this.
  5. Dargona1018

Not really.
    I have had multiple not-so-long games where I get over 50 kills, paired with over 45 deaths.

I am more of a spur of the moment kinda KAG player.

6. uze stll suxs

RampageX likes this.
  7. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I believe that apparent fluctuations in skill are normally caused by the enemy's skill level, not yours. You may be playing against nubs and think you are the pro-est noscoper to have ever lived, and then a couple good knights show up and you get rekt. However, I do agree that your mental state can affect your gaming ability.

Shadowor and Aurora- like this.
  8. Dargona1018

Meh. I have had games where I take down [Zen] Trojan 3 times out of 5, and other where I kill him -18 time out of 10.
    It's truly peculiar for me.

9. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

Kegs are a huge improvement over what was before. But archers are just a tad too powerfull. The staff can pick from the following what they wanna take away from the archers: arrow kickback & Stun, 1 heart damage arrows even when theyre not fully loaded or give knight arrow slashing back. Maybe there are more things. If they do that, the game will be fun again.
    I HAVE SPOKEN!

Vampire likes this.
  10. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

stuff like debuffed kegs (atleast after the last buff) are not the problem, or shield angle or stomping, or bomb prices, or not beeing able to slash arrows. It's the combination of that factors. You see way more people playing archer who don't have to be good, they just have to spam arrows and some ricochets are going to hit you. ->And some decent Archers gonna weak you even more everytime you try to hit them. ->And Elite Archer can be nearly impossible to take down. But at the same time those debuffed decreased your ability to take down multiple knights. It's also nearly impossible now to take down more than 1 knight if you don't first strike them.

Archers now are pretty good AA with the new shield angle. It needs some good timing and a little bit luck. Most rookies are not capable to use this very well.

non full charged arrows do 1heart damage, I 'dont think so.

11. Tizmiz

Tizmiz Horde Gibber Tester

You do better the more confident you are. If I have an amazing day I'll do amazing, but anything less is just meh for me. That's why I branched off to other games and just recently returned to KAG. I can go play something like Dota whenever I just don't feel like KAG. Personally I've never seen sparring increase anyones skill. Skill is how well you can read your opponents movements and act accordingly. I find myself repeating patterns whenever I'm not up to 100%, which works against average KAG players fine, but not against competent players. No need to think you have a reputation to uphold, everyone has bad days and if you do poorly one day, come back another and FSU.

It's best to start out against an average pub, just to get hype yourself up.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  12. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

the trick is to get a consistent <20 score so you can never tell if you're getting better or worse

Chukka, Beef and Sir_Walter like this.
  13. Whenever this thread gets bumped I forget what its about and think it's a tutorial for skillfully dropping off your teams towers or something.

14. Dargona1018

15. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Yes I am, I am all listening to all your comments.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  16. Mihu

Mihu Builder Stabber

Meh, I cant slash arrows anymore. That ruins my game ;-:

17. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

1,5x fall damage ruins my game. ;-;
    Oh yeah and Shield thingy is annoying too. ;-;

18. Mihu

Mihu Builder Stabber

I'll find you and slash you! >:D
    Many times.