1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

So KAG is underated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J-man2003, Feb 21, 2015.

?

Do you think KAG is underated?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2017.
  1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

18.4%
  3. I don't know

7.1%
  4. I don't care

17.3%
  1. ThE_HeRo

ThE_HeRo Bison Rider

People just need to tell their friends and family and dogs and cats and llamas so they can spread it around.
    I personally think that King Arthur's Gold is not underrated or overrated. Just right. <3

2. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

kag is not underrated as theres a lot of players that play it for fucking hours in an eternal exercise of endless internet abuse. the problems it has are related to technical aspects, and there's no clarity about wheter that is the devs' fault or just something that happens, as it is a small independent game and they may or may not be able to offer an extremely polished product like the big companies (whom actually don't sell perfect games, in fact they usually are far more prone to bugs and issues of the like.

anyways, kag is a highly fun and addictive game; if the devs made a 2.0 version with a new code engine and some new features to make the great idea that it is even better and friendlier to the public, i'm sure they would have exit with it.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  3. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

"I am your father"
    Darth Vader

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

... That was the main point of the new KAG engine, previously known as the KAG scripting build.

5. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

well I didn't know about that, but if still i thought about that idea and found a need for it, then it's not actually working flawlessly is it? :)

6. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Well that's a consequence of having a community too little to develop a strong segment of it that actually uses what the engine can provide.

Psiklaw likes this.
  7. r0ber7

r0ber7 Shopkeep Stealer

As far I can !bomb understand it, KAG is coded by !mat_stone two guys, !keg right? For two people, they !team -1 really have made a !chicken big effort. I think getting !bomber !hall more people to play KAG can be !mat_bombarrows a problem, especially after the initial !knight release.

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

After having played alpha like a mofo I would say the engine of the Release version works like a charm ::P:
    The game is too dependant on its community; the frustration comes mainly because of lag caused by internet or cpu, and the lack of experienced teamwork.

9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

well no, the engine is shit even geti admits that

Asu, Verzuvius and Psiklaw like this.
  10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

[​IMG]

Since we are all bagging on Geti lets give MM some of the credit too ;)

Psiklaw likes this.
  11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

No, Geti is responsible for everything wrong with KAG.

Like this post pls Pikachu

12. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Well Postal 2 stands above KAG so it's probably underrated.

13. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

hear that @Geti ? Put on your thinking hat and make the game better boyo!

14. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

You can't blame the Devs for player retention. There is plenty of depth in KAG and the fact that it's 100% mod-able, gives it even more depth with player creations. Mod's don't have to be large, like the roleplay servers to change the game completely.

I think one of the biggest reasons of the loss of players is the community itself and their attitude towards each other, even here on the forums which can put potential players off the game.

That said, I do believe that the community has improved over the last year, but it still has ways to go IMO.

and this

J-man2003 and blackjoker77777 like this.