1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Read this first! So you want to be an Admin

Discussion in 'For Admin on Official KAG Servers (closed)' started by Kouji, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This section of the forums is for applying to be a moderator on the Official KAG servers. Servers that are Official are named in the following format:
    KAG Official <Gamemode Name> <Server Location (EU/US/AUS)> <Server #>
    where the parts with <> are replaced with the appropriate word.

Create a new thread for your application. Make sure you select the correct prefix (AU/US/EU, depending on which region you're applying for). Thread title MUST follow this format:
    Code:
    Your_username (Optional: Your_in_game_nick_if_different)
    So let's say that your username is Arnold but you go by the in-game name Terminator, then your thread title would look like that:
    Arnold (Terminator)

When applying for moderation status on these servers, you must include the following:
    • Which continent are you from?
    • How often do you play?
    • What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone [UTC +/- X])?
    • Which well known servers have you had admin on before? (if yes, answer the following sub-questions below as well)
      • Did you simply get admin because you were a friend of the owner?
      • How long were you admin?
      • Was your admin status ever removed, and if so why?
    • Do you have any recommendations from Guards, Official KAG Server Admins, server owners or other notable people?
      • If so, ask them to post here
    • Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin?
    • Any other information you think might be relevant?
    • Your Discord nick#number - Discord will be how you will receive realtime assistance calls, as well as a easy way to contact other Official Server Admins.
    I highly suggest correct grammar and or spelling (if English isn't your first language, that's fine, but it should at least be readable/understandable).
    I also highly recommend you put effort into this and use good formatting because if it's simply unreadable, your application will be ignored.

Do note that if you do get accepted and are found to abuse your powers later on, you will be removed no questions asked.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Galen

Galen Forum Administrator Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Applications for Official Server Admins are open again. They will be closed on Sunday, September 17th, 10:00 UTC+/-0.
    We are looking for Admins for all three major regions (these being EU, NA and AUS).

@Furai
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 11, 2017, Original Post Date: Sep 6, 2017 ---
    Just because it seems that it wasn't obvious: +/-1 posts which fail to provide actual explanation as to why the person posting thinks either way will get deleted, no questions asked. Also I'd like to add that writing +/-1 is generally not worth the effort, unless you assume that the people in charge of recruiting are incapable of deciding whether something is a compliment or not.

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I've opened the applications again. We're looking mostly for AU admins.

4. Furai

Like mentioned, we're mostly looking for AU admins, I'll be looking at applications today/this week. Thanks to all of you who applied.

Nogla, Link and MrPineapple like this.
  5. Furai

Closed applications, I've been reading and taking into consideration everything that came to my attention. I'll probably refrain from giving reasons when making my final decisions on applications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.