1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED][228]Space between game times/chat rendered incorrectly

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Noburu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

NOTE: Already filed in bug tracker, posting this here in case anyone has a solution.

Since the update, sky/space is rendered between tiles and chat text is rendered screwy. The space between tiles flashes around as I move and the text is very hard to read. The same for the text, its kind of flashy/glitchy.

This only happens on my older laptop with integrated graphics and not on my newer desktop with dedicated graphics. I had no problems with the previous build. I have tried changing resolutions and turning fast render on/off and it doesnt make a difference.

The attached pngs show exactly how it looks for me in game when they are viewed full size.

KAG 2011-12-02 18-59-43-42.png
    KAG 2011-12-02 18-59-01-43.png

2. this is build 228, not 223.

3. Noburu

Herp derp yeah I cant change the thread title though, I reported it.

4. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I just don't like the new text in build 228...

I'm 99.9% sure they changed it.

5. Noburu

Yes I read it was somewhere but I dont see it on the change list now.

EDIT: Even reinstalling doesnt fix it. This make the game very hard to play. Is there a way to revert the font to previous build?

EDIT2: Second reinstall seems somewhat to have helped the glitching/space between tiles, still working on how to fix ingame font.

EDIT3: I made a new font using irrFont tool in the font folder and changed all the paths in C:\KAG\Base\GUI\gui.txt and it changed all the font in game BUT THE CHAT BOX. Glitching tiles seem to be related to map size since it seems to get worse the larger the map.

I give up. :(

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I have the same problems too, Geti told me to get a better graphics card :(

7. Noburu

Yeah im not dropping $500 for a new laptop in order to play a game. Guess I will just play KAG a lot less.

8. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

You mean "gui.cfg" right? I don't know which config files KAG actually uses but also try to change the paths in "Base\Scripts\gui.cfg" and "Base\Scripts\autoconfig.gm" (global c_fontfile).

Also I would suggest you to add "system.txt" from the "Logs"-folder and a link of your system profile with Speccy to your bugreport. Might help to find the source of your issue.

9. Noburu

Cool thanks for the info, will look into this in a few.

EDIT: I changed c_fontfile and it only changes the console font :(

10. xxpabloxx

xxpabloxx Shopkeep Stealer

I have this same problem in my old laoptop ;o Cant fix it?

11. Noburu

WOOT Random looking through the forums and found a fix that works great for me and improved my FPS.

After reading this thread: http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/increasing-game-performance-fps-tips.483/
    I changed to sv_showminimap = 0 and v_bpp = 16 in the autoconfig. It improved my fps a bit and got rid of the glitching around tiles. You can still use the map by hitting M, it just doenst always display on the upper right of the screen now. No big loss since it doesnt work worth crap anyway.

You can probably tweak even more, but I stopped since this fixed my issues. Might play around more with it later. Hopefully this will help someone else.

EDIT: Just noticed it fixed my text issues as well woot!

SirSalami likes this.
  12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I'll see if we can set that when the simple graphics option is set, or would you prefer an added "compatibility mode"?

13. Noburu

Im not too picky as long as it works :D

Do what ever you think would work best for the "average" user.