1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows KAG [SOLVED] Can't Get Admin Status

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Affle, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Affle

Affle Catapult Fodder

I've been looking around the forums for a bit, and started up a new server recently for some friends to beta-test some maps we've created before we make it public. The issue I'm finding is that I can't seem to get myself to be recognized as a Superadmin on the server, despite my best efforts to change my configuration files. I included them, in case anybody can make sense of what I've done wrong.

The most I can manage is the game changing my name to purple with a star next to it. I don't really know what this means, it doesn't seem to allow me to use any admin commands. http://prntscr.com/ag8ge7

I also can't login using the Home key and /rcon /login <rconpassword>, as it tells me I don't have permission to do so, seen here: http://prntscr.com/ag8g9c

Attached Files:

makmoud98 likes this.
  2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

This is a bug in the engine. This happens whenever you join your a server hosted on the same computer. You should still have admin powers, but the admin menu won't show up. Try to do /rcon /nextmap, it should still work. I'll talk with the devs to see if we can get that bug fixed though.

Affle likes this.
  3. Affle

Affle Catapult Fodder

/rcon /nextmap doesn't work, similar message to trying to login via /rcon /login.
    Edit: regular players are showing up with orange names, but confirmed with them they aren't admins either.
    http://prntscr.com/ag8t1l

4. makmoud98

make sure that all the .example files inside of the security folders are renamed to .cfg . If you already did and it still doesn't work then let me see the logs.

Affle likes this.
  5. Affle

Affle Catapult Fodder

The .example files were all renamed .cfg files (http://prntscr.com/ag8zfk), this is one of the first things I tried, but here are my recent log files.
    *Edit: I'm aware of the "Bison.png" bug, I fixed that.

Attached Files:

6. makmoud98

Ok, I think I've found the issue use this seclevs.cfg instead

Attached Files:

Affle likes this.
  7. Affle

Affle Catapult Fodder

That allowed me to login via /rcon /login <password>, thanks. If its not too much trouble, could you tell me what was wrong with the file?
    Also, hopefully this does get fixed soon. The admin button would be helpful to have back.

8. makmoud98

The engine is weird about paths sometimes. What you had for each of the paths for the cfg files was similar to
    /Security/superadmin.cfg

but what you wanted was

../Security/superadmin.cfg

On my KAG installation it was already like this, but for some reason yours was not. There was a point in time where they changed how the paths worked, maybe you had KAG installed before they made those changes.

farhhanshafi likes this.
  9. Affle

Affle Catapult Fodder

Ah yeah, I installed KAG sometime two years ago. Just now picking it up. Thanks again for all your help!

farhhanshafi and makmoud98 like this.
  10. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

After being logged in rcon, doing the /rcon /login <password> as you stated, just do /rcon /reloadsecurity that's supposed to fix it and give you back the admin button.

makmoud98 likes this.
  11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I would suggest to make a copy of KAG folder and use it for local servers only. You won't have that purple colour.