1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Solved] "Could not connect to Authentication server, Check your internet connection and try again"

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Hrodvitnir, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Hrodvitnir

Hrodvitnir Blakkr Warg Donator
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

When I go to login to KAG I will get the message;
    "Could not connect to Authentication server, Check your internet connection and try again"

, I've had other people try to log into KAG through my computer and fail also, I have re-installed about 3 times and even ran the "cmd->ping master.kag2d.com", I recieved a signal coming from the master server.. Does anyone else have the same problem? :huh?:

2. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Yesterday i had this problem too. Today I was able to log in, but all the time on the old version of the game. Now i reinstalled the game and everything is ok.

3. AGRAIL

AGRAIL Shipwright

i just tryed an old version i had an archive of
    it logged in fine but no one is online :QQ:

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Obviously, that's simply due to the fact that everyone is on the new version so they can't see servers in the old version and you can't see them either.

5. AGRAIL

AGRAIL Shipwright

true but i thought id have a stab in the dark ,
    any thing to satisfy my kag craving =/

kouji can you login with the new version then ???

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yes I can. I sometimes get that issue as well, but only when my connects drops for a bit. After a bit, my connection will stabilize again and I'll be able to connect again.

7. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

master.kag2d.com is no longer used for authentication, it now uses api.kag2d.com. How many of you are having problems, and are you able to ping api.kag2d.com?
    </br>--- merged: Mar 29, 2012 4:14 PM ---</br>
    Please try this again now, let me know if you are still having the problem. I fixed a bug which could sometimes cause this problem.

8. AGRAIL

AGRAIL Shipwright

i can "$ ping api.kag2d.com"
    it seems fine also opening api.kag2d.com in browser it send back json : {"statusMessage": ect.. .

but i still cannot auth and get the popup box error ,..
    was using wifi (not that it should make mutch diff) trying cable now
    and no change =/

fyi
    the kag window title says "Engine (build:354 version 0.95A) kag (build: 346 version 0.91A)"
    i had a play with wireshark it seems to make request to api.kag2d.com

but no joy loging in :eek:

9. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

same problem here as AGRAIL :huh?:

wasn't even able to login on forum yesterday

10. FliesLikeABrick

Ok, thanks. Sorry this is happening to you guys, it may take me a bit of work to troubleshoot this properly. I may need to have MM put out a client update in a day or two which can give more detailed error messages.

Just to be 100% clear, can you both please post the error message you are getting when you try to authenticate right now?

Also, do your passwords have a : in it? (I know, that's a stupid question - but I need to know). If you're more comfortable answering that kind of question about your password in private you can PM it to me.

11. AGRAIL

AGRAIL Shipwright

error is just as title says "Could not connect to authentication server, Check your internet connection and try again"
    its in a popup box

sadly i cannot see how to pm ye

12. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

Thanks for the quick responses ...shows you guys care
    here are screenshots of the console and the game screen while trying to login
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. FliesLikeABrick

Ok, this is a different problem than the one I fixed in the other thread today. I will need to talk to MM about this one a bit and probably get a client update out to add more verbose error messages before I can fix it. My apologies for the inconvenience, but you guys are being great about answering my questions so far.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 29, 2012 6:48 PM ---</br>
    Here's a bit of an odd question for you - how are you running KAG, by double-clicking an icon/executable or on the command line?

14. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

Not a problem thanks for the help........

additional info:
    password contains no special characters
    tried login with and without firewall enabled
    running Comodo Internet security premium
    login screen freezes for approx 15-30 seconds while login attempted

[​IMG]

15. aziz

aziz Builder Stabber

I am just double clicking an icon/executable

16. Hrodvitnir

I can ping api.kag2d.com, I still have the error however.

17. FliesLikeABrick

Thanks. I am working on adding more information to the error message now, there should be a client update out within the next 12 hours. When there is, I need everyone with this error to try again and post the full error message here.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 30, 2012 12:37 PM ---</br>
    I have finished making changes to my code in the client which will give more detailed error messages. Once MM is around, he'll actually put it into the client and release an update.

18. Hrodvitnir

Thanks a lot sir, I desperately need to play again soon..

19. FliesLikeABrick

np. hopefully we can get this sorted out within the next 24 hours.

20. Hrodvitnir

Oh I have more news, I tried it on another computer (windows 7) and it worked fine, Where-as it doesn't work on my (windows XP SP3), I copied the files from the other computer to my own and unfortunately that also failed and gave me the same message.