1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Solved] "Could not connect to Authentication server, Check your internet connection and try again"

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Hrodvitnir, Mar 29, 2012.

1. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Due to some other changes that are going to be included in the update/patch and MM's availability today, it will not be out today - hopefully tomorrow. Sorry for the extra holdup guys
    </br>--- merged: Apr 1, 2012 12:54 AM ---</br>
    sorry guys, delayed until tomorrow again - will keep you posted

2. DeathBomber

DeathBomber Shipwright

It happens to me too! I have tried for about 5 days , I have tried everything but doesnt work. just that you ppl know :( I need to play soon!

3. FliesLikeABrick

hi guys,

I just spoke with MM. the patch with more detailed error messages will be out today.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 1, 2012 11:46 AM ---</br>
    Just to help find some more information, can you all open a browser and go to

https://api.kag2d.com/player/PLAYERNAME/myinfo

replace PLAYERNAME with your username. It should prompt you to log in. Put in your username and password, and tell me what happens next. It should give you an "application/json" file to download, or show you a bunch of text. If it gives you a bunch of text, please post it here.

If it gives you a file to download, please save it somewhere (like your desktop), and open it with notepad. Then paste the contents here.

4. Rask

Rask Catapult Fodder

{"active": true, "username": "Rask", "banned": false, "role": 0, "gold": false}

5. nuitnoire

nuitnoire Catapult Fodder

thanx !
    info: '{"active": true, "username": "nuitnoire", "banned": false, "role": 0, "gold": false}'

tho i wander why you can not log the response your server sends ??

6. FliesLikeABrick

The update is out. Please try authenticating now as well as perform the troubleshooting steps above if you have not already.

I can log the response the server sends, but I needed to rule out other client-side issues.

7. DeathBomber

DeathBomber Shipwright

No he is not the only one!
    I have the simmilar problem but it says" curl error: peer certificate cannot be autheciated with CA certificate". What shall I do? also.....
    when I give my password and username to https://api.kag2d.com/player/PLAYERNAME/myinfo it says ...
    {"statusMessage": "Access Denied: You are not authorized to request account info for this user"}
    </br>--- merged: Apr 2, 2012 5:40 AM ---</br>
    Please help me :(

8. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

exactly the same thing happens to me

9. nuitnoire

the update .. i guess it auto update ?

and that im not geting it(update) because of the above error?
    .. because i still have the same message with out extra info

i just updated from http://kag2d.com/update/kag_x/Base/libJuxta.so manually =[

and the error has the extra info "Couldn't resolve host name"

any suggestions

my extra info , posibly worth noteing i boot from linuxmint liveCD
    previous versions of kag have always worked fine
    the system boots the same files/setings every time (changes are lost and defaults restored on reboot)
    nothing has changed with my setup
    (to my knowledge) apart from kag versions/updates

10. FliesLikeABrick

What version of Windows are you on?
    </br>--- merged: Apr 2, 2012 11:08 AM ---</br>
    What version of linuxmint are you booting? If you can provide a link to the exact livecd, I will try it out on there myself. It looks like KAG on your linuxmint environment are having problems making any Internet requests (note how the autoupdate failed too)

11. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

My version of Windows is Windows XP

12. FliesLikeABrick

Which error are you getting? Please attach a screenshot or type the exact text of the error.

To those of you getting "peer could not be authenticated with known CA certificates" -- please try deleting C:\KAG\App\version.txt and c:\KAG\curl-ca-bundle.crt while the game is closed. Then open KAG and try logging in. Please let me know if this works or not.

13. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

get to login screen and it says

Could not connect to authentication server. Check your internet connection and try again.
    (Additional info-Curl Error: Peer certificate canot be authenticated with given CA certificates)

14. FliesLikeABrick

Ok, please try suggestion I just posted above - delete those two files while the client is closed. The client will then re-open and download them again. Let me know if this helps.

15. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

ok thanks
    i have done that but i get the same error again. The thing i dont get though is that the game always worked on this computer until the recent updates.

16. nuitnoire

Linux Mint 10 "Julia" - CD (32-bit)

http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=67

i have often had the news/update problems (curl err6)
    but was never prevented from login until latest version update

i have also just got mint12 spin i will try it with that
    thanx
    [EDIT]
    same story with mint 12(lxde) same error +updates not working ect =[
    idk , dont think it could should/could be my environment/distro
    as it has never caused me problems before with other programs and connectivity
    i dont have any problems using curl from terminal ( i sometime use in scripts,.. tho not https )

17. DeathBomber

DeathBomber Shipwright

The same error comes again after doing what you suggested.

18. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

yeah i know i tried it too got same error message

19. FliesLikeABrick

do me a favor (you guys on windows), try disabling any antivirus software temporarily. it is possible they may be blocking access to the CA certificates file

20. Hawker

Hawker Bison Rider

then try and log on again?