1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Making a fire "call" last for a few seconds

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Frikman, Sep 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Hi, I've been working on this arsonist class dude for zombies and it's working almost perfectly, except for a little detail. Based on the scripts from FUN magic users, I gave him the ability to make fire where he's aiming, and it works, but the fire lasts... I don't know, 1 frame? It's too short, and it leads to some situations on multiplayer where you aim at a player, make fire, but the player doesn't get caught on the fire. I'd like to know how I could make the fire stay a bit longer (a second I guess) so that it's more reliable.

(quick video showing the current duration of the fire)

Attached Files:

2. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

if you are using setWorldOnFireAt or whatever the function is called, it's done engine side which handles particles etc and giving the tiles on fire tag. However I would recommend drawing the fire sprites/particles yourself to make it more visceral then add the fire tags to the players/tiles in a code of where you are torching or whatever.

3. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

that
    was rather clever. This way it's a lot more reliable, thanks!