1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Making a vehicle solid/collide and getting out of it

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Frikman, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Hi, I'd like to know how I can set a vehicle to collide with zombies and animals in general as seen in the video (zepp crushes chickens, ballon doesn't), but I'd also like to know if there's a way to set the way you get out of the vehicle. As I show while riding the Zeppelin, you always get out and fall out of it, but the Ballon makes you jump when you get out of it.

2. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

In Bomber.as around line 123(ish) is this line : return Vehicle_doesCollideWithBlob_ground(this, blob);
    You need to change it to this : return Vehicle_doesCollideWithBlob_boat(this, blob);

You will also need to add the line - NoTeamCollisions.as; to bomber.cfg

As for the jump out velocity of the zepplin, I'm not sure. Try turning it up a notch in Zepplin.as or raising the seats attachment points a little higher in the .cfg. as they may be causing you to overlap the hitbox.

Let me know how it goes, I didn't test any of this :D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  3. Osmal

Osmal Bison Rider Donator
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

first line in Zeppelin.as:

Vehicle_Setup( this,
    95.0f, // move speed
    0.50f, // turn speed
    Vec2f(0.0f, -5.0f), // jump out velocity <--- change the -'5.0f' to something like '-10.0f' or more
    true // inventory access
    );

4. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Collision works fine, now I can crush enemies with more vehicles. Thanks guys! Here's a quick video of it working c: