1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Some people think KAG is no longer fun; what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ImAwesome, Oct 26, 2012.

?

What do you think of KAG right now?

1. Great! This is the best KAG has ever been!

29 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Still fun, but older builds were a bit more fun.

45 vote(s)
    28.5%
  3. Still slightly fun, but older builds were way more fun.

19 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Bad.Old builds are the best.

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Just...just...terrible...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. KAG WAS ALWAYS TERRIBLE AND IT ALWAYS F***ING WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!11111

9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Still enjoy it/just as fun.

54 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

And yet, there is not one single report in the reports section from you.

Monsteri and D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 like this.
  2. superdigger26

superdigger26 Catapult Fodder

Thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it and j will be looking out for them

3. Golem

Golem Catapult Fodder

I played the game like a year ago maybe ? But then i stoped. Now i play it again, and i don't see the diference in fun i'm having.

4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Thought I'd dig this up cos I found it interesting, especially in light of some of the ranting about the lack of new features fort a while in the other thread. Not specifically addressing laurentiu or anything but these bold bits really stand out (deal with the bad pun I can't be arsed thinking of another way of saying it this early ;) ) in this venting post about how stale KAG is in the game that he's played:

The nuance of KAG is totally lost on 99.999% of players and games. That's not to say I'm a good player by the way, I'm a maybe a slightly better then average player if I play builder to make simple structures in a pub setting most pubs will understand and not argue with/mould into a piece of shit cos they don't know what the doors you can't walk out of on the top are for, or mainly to go offensive, spam ladders and get a few hammer kills now and again. But most of my influence on a game is just from trying to have a bit of a think about what I'm doing and when and not doing incredibly stupid shit, and it's pretty amazing how someone that's willing to do 1 or 2 things the team isn't doing even when they're not exactly the most skilled player can completely change a game. I do it and have seen plenty of other players join a totally fucked game and do it.

Anyway my point is, that so many players don't know or adhere to the basics that get ranted about all the time, door corridors, towers too close together, stone ceilings that totally cancel out the next tower in line, no archer nest/windows/whatever, a complete lack of frontline shops, etc etc, there's alot the average pub doesn't know and often isn't willing to learn and we all know that. So that in mind you can't blame the staleness of KAG on a lack of features when it's mostly the people we have to play with.

The handful of times I've played with players that are really decent, or at least alot better then me, they've completely dominated me, a few games on the derp-free and playing with people like strathos they can just build you out a game so effectively you can't do anything. But that was with all the same mechanics that are so dull in the hands of people that aren't as good, but more importantly don't wanna learn anything new and are happy in their little lull building slab towers joined together by a fucking mess with ground level doors. Those few games I've played been totally dry bum raped were some of the best games of KAG I've played, cos it was inspiring to see the same shit been used in ways I was pretty unfamiliar with to totally fuck someone. Everything was so much more subtle, and the kinda towers been made were so much more effective then anything most players could think of building with the same amount of materials. So if you combine that with a bit of coordinated teamplay and a decent opponent, I don't think there's anything intrinsic about the games features that means it should be stale, in the ideal situation where the game is balanced and bug free with what we have there should be plenty you can do to have a good game.

tl;dr Players make this game more boring if you ask me, not any "lack" of features

5. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

I fully agree, good server and fun people can make this game amazing. More stuff can bring more people and make more fun opportunites, but people and server config make this game boring and annoying, or fun and amazing.

6. ashcatchum

ashcatchum Shipwright

I find it fun but starting to you know slip out of my head ya know

7. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I find it fun, but the lack of players and the "bad" combat tarnishes the enjoyment.

And by bad I mean really random swipes and slashes. I hope the new update gives us better combat. It also might be because of my computer running the game at 20 FPS. What's the framerate cap anyway?

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Think the cap is around 36, something in the 30s anyway.

9. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's 30. If you have a FPS lower than 30 try:
    • Lower the resolution.
    • Change the following lines in the "autoconfig.gm"-file (located in "<KAG Directory>\Base\Scripts"):
      • Turn off minimap: sv_showminimap=0;
      • Set the color quality to 16bit: globalv_bpp=16;
      • Turn off vsync: globalv_vsync=0;

10. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Thanks for the information, I'll check it out.

To come back to the thread, I was in a server with some friends and it was awesome. The community and some gameplay/lag issues are the things holding this back.

11. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Definitely, I've never played much with people I know, and never while on TS/mumble, but if some of those recorded clan matches were anything to go by playing KAG in an organised manner looks like alot of fun.

12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Yes, well organised clan matches are brilliant fun to be a part of. They can be a little demoralising if you get absolutely annihilated, but they definitely bring together the group, and also show the way to improvement.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Razi like this.