1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Somethings... screwy

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Mulpy, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Alright,
    Kag has always worked fine on my laptop, until the beginning of this month. I opened kag up one night and the firewall security asked me if I wanted this item to make changes to the computer, and I accidentally clicked no. I'm not sure why it asked though because this was 2 days before zombie survival came out because it just shows that the kag file will be slightly changed or something. Anyways, I start kag up, log in, and It tells me it can't connect the the master server and that I should check my internet connection. Connection was definitely not the problem, so I went into firewall and looked at the list of programs allowed internet access and it had "Play KAG" listed. I still couldn't get in.

I've deleted and re installed kag about 3 times and I still cant get in.

What do I do now?

2. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Sounds like you and FREAKHEAD are having the same problem. I have no idea what the issue is but I'll pass it on to someone who might. Sorry about this.

3. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

What firewall do you have?
    You'll have to delete the rule that disallows kag from connecting the internet, that usually overrides any rule allowing a program to connect the internet.

4. its just the basic Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.I have four play KAGs in the list. They are enabled for the rules. Half of them are domains, other half are private.
    For the domains, one of them has UDP protocol while the other has TCP
    Same goes for the privates. They are all divided in half then in half again. fucking math...

5. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Just delete every kag rule you can find.

6. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hi Mulphy,

The update to KAG this week started using a different type of authentication server. If you declined a rule change by accident but have the ability to add rules, try allowing outbound traffic from KAG to port 443 (https).

What is the exact error you are getting?

7. when i do the login to kag, it looks like its processing it and then a screen pops up saying

"cannot connect to the master server"
    "check internet connection"
    "try again later"

Did i mention that it also takes forever to open? it also doesn't show any signs of updating when i look at the console.

8. FliesLikeABrick

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/cou...-your-internet-connection-and-try-again.5302/

there should be an update out today that adds more useful error messages to help troubleshoot problems connecting to the master server. In your case though, it sounds like firewall rules may have gotten messed up and are interfering with the authentication system as well as potentially the auto-update too.

Is your error message when you try to log in the same as the one shown above? Have you tried completely disabling your firewal(s) to test the update/auth?

9. Ya, that's the message. The only rules i could find applying to kag were the ones that went to the 4 play kags, and the 4 uninstall kags. They were all deleted, but i think more keep getting added because when i looked again there were more play kags.

10. FliesLikeABrick

Please try again now and share the complete error message with me here including the (Additional Info - ) part.

11. I would bend down and kiss the ground upon which you walk, but this is the internet :)
    There was no error message this time, so I guess the update, which did load, fixed it nicely. It's just horribly slow to load after I click play but fuck, I can wait. Thank you so much for the help! And thank you all for your helpful suggestions as well!:shad:

12. FliesLikeABrick

Just because I wrote the new auth code which was just deployed? - would you mind answering a few other questions for me?
    :shad:
    When you click the "check" mark to log into the game, is there a delay there? Or only when you're waiting for it to precache the game content after clicking play?

13. Ya, theres a tiny delay, nothing troublesome though. But holy shit, it takes forever to precache. it starts out normal and after about 7 loading boxes, the outline of them disappears and slows down tremendously.

okay, I can play, but I lag soo hard now. my laptops ping is pretty shitty (66-33) because its in my room. Even when I'm just playing solo zombies, it lags about every 10 seconds or so. my desktop runs kag the best but i can't play multiplayer zombies :( i can't get out of observation mode, even when a new game is started. I've uninstalled and re-installed kag on both computers and nothing has changed.

14. Ryukk

Ryukk Catapult Fodder

If it worked perfect before you blocked KAG, you may want to do a system restore to before you blocked KAG, if possible.

15. FliesLikeABrick

Mulphy, is there a chance that you are low on RAM? While KAG is open and when it starts to get slow/laggy (since it happens even in single player this means it's almost definitely not a netcode issue - plus other people aren't having the problem), switch to task manager and see what it says the memory utilization of KAG is.