1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

spacetrace

Discussion in 'Other games' started by radiator, Jul 28, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. radiator

radiator Guest

Heya!

There's this really cool browser based strategy game that i've been playing for like 8 years now. It's being developed constantly and the community is small, but really friendly.
    From the negative side, the game has an above average learning curve and is mostly text based. Also, the player count is really low, which is why i'm posting here. to get more people to play against.

Go try it out at www.spacetrace.org
    Feel free to contact me on the forums there. I'm called senor.

Cheers!
    radiator

2. Mani

Mani Shipwright

It looks quite interesting. Could you tell me more about it? How much time a day is needed to play it and so forth?

3. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

text based games... hmmm... i suggest, read a book instead :)

4. radiator

radiator Guest

There's two "game modes" you can play.
    One is the tactical part, where you send out probes to scout for opponents to crush, fight for control of scoreplanets, steal enemy flags etc.
    The other part is the colony game where you fly out and colonize planets. Also involves fighting for defending your own colonies and capturing enemy colonies.

The first part is solo oriented while the colony game is better played in bigger alliances.

Spacetrace is mostly a casual game. Travel distances between planets can range anywhere from a few hours to a day or so. If you manage to log in once a day to do researches and manage your fleets, check on incoming enemies, see what your clanmates are up to etc. then its sufficient already. If you go to attack someone then you have an exact ETA of arrival and its useful to be online during battles to change your fleet setups according to what the enemy is doing.

The game world is a simulated 3d galaxy unlike most similar games that are set on a 2d map.

There is no economy part in spacetrace. No mining for minerals etc. Everybody has equal resources from beginning which means that a new player can take on a player who has been playing for years without a disadvantage of resources or army size.

Try it ; )

Mods: BlueLuigi