1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Starbound Beta

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Klokinator, Dec 4, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Went there, the contents of the chest was different, all I got was some hammer and a copper pick, so I guess item generation is stil different even if planets are same.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's not exact for everything, but for a good deal of things it is exactly the same. It does change from patch to patch though which is neat.

3. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

All I want is the horse head mask.

4. Trogar

Trogar Tree Planter

Oh wierd, I just assumed they would be the same since the universe is so big and I once warped to a planet with pirates selling the same guns for all people.

5. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

The items in each crate are different each time. On one pirate ship in the alpha system, there is the same crate that contains 1 random instrument.

Every planet contains a set place where a crate/chest/etc will be. What is in each is determined by what the devs wanted. Before the patch I had a Gravity Ball tech. I went back to the same place only to find a Energy Dash tech.

The contents of the chests were to always contain tech, but not the same tech.

6. BlueLuigi

The contents are not always random, there are several chests I knew of in the last 2 patches that were always the same, I got my wizard gear there, I got my violin there (3 times), I got butterfly boost there.

Certain chests, especially chests in jump challenges/castles/settlements are randomized, most laying about in planets are not, although some are.

Duplolas likes this.
  7. Trogar

Trogar Tree Planter

wierdmerch.png

Not sure what is up with these merchants. Half of them were naked and selling nothing, except for that one guy ironically selling clothes. The Avians are a strange people.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  8. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

Finally found an Earth-like planet (in the Alpha sector)!

Now I feel bad for killing a human NPC, they are quite rare. :QQ:

This game has been quite fun, even if it is an early beta.

You can usually find me playing on this (dedicated, vanilla) server: http://starbound-servers.net/server/91/

It's located in Norway, which makes it great if you are from Northern or Western Europe. People speak English there.

I've talked with the host and he's a nice guy. Likes to stream too.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

The penal colonies have humans(well the ones I go to), but there unfriendly.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 14, 2013 ---
    Well I would get my sword out and... I'm a terrible person
    [​IMG]

10. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

True!

And they drop an insane amount of pixels too!

11. Trogar

Trogar Tree Planter

Found a pirate ship at X: -20470756 Y: -37934239 Beta Nu Per 10 III a

It takes the same long journey going left or right, and fair warning; even after the hotfix the birds on this planet are insane. They have Emperor Palpatine lightning powers that deal up to 120 damage point blank in an instant. Good news is that this is a great planet in case you need coal or iron, I ended up gathering ~500 iron ore and 200 coal from just picking up the huge veins on the surface.

12. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Human mech is at:

-62079115, -97499093 in Gamma

13. Got some coords for you all:

Alpha Deneb Kaitos 29 : Snow
    X: -64750052
    Y: -24608057

Avian merchant selling clothing east of spawn
    Human merchant selling clothing east of spawn
    Human bandits east of spawn.

Beta Migli Minoris II: Jungle
    X: -64750048
    Y: -24608055

Very large Glitch town west of spawn. Abundant plant fibres.

14. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Fate likes this.
  15. BlueLuigi

They change literally every update, doing this isn't worth it at all until release unless it is properly wiped after each version.

16. Trogar

Trogar Tree Planter

Check out my sweet digs

Duplolas likes this.
  17. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Mother of Dragons Donator
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I really tried to like this game, because I played Terraria much. But for an unknown reason it didn't hooked me ..

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Anyone else getting in on the SB modding scene yet? Already have some cool stuff on the official Nexus site.

http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/?

And this content is smashed by the amount of modding content on the SB forums XD

19. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I kind of want a ftb type starbound thing now

20. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Did you know if you get a space suit you can actually modify your spaceship? Thought it was interesting.

All I know is that you can modify it. Anyone else know if you can actually go outside into space and move around?

Mods: BlueLuigi