1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Steam Delay - Don't Despair!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

lieber i remeber geti saying somewhere that they will continue to maintain kag whilst working on other games. im just saying they may get the idea someday to actually make new gamemodes.

2. they wont add any new gamemodes once the games done, maintaining kag=/=sacrificing your time you could spend making other games.

Guitarman likes this.
  3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Maintaining KAG likely means that they'll just fix any major bugs, keep hosting those official servers, and perhaps incorporate great mods into the vanilla game.

There is a difference between "maintaining" and "developing".

FuzzyBlueBaron and Ej like this.
  4. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I agree 99.9% that after KAG release on steam Geti and MM will abandon it.
    They already developing new game called Jeep. Some sort of top down shooter where you ride on jeeps and kill people.

Inferdy likes this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

JeepJeep is just an example mod for KAG that we haven't had time to take further.

We won't be "abandoning" KAG once it's out, but we won't be developing it as actively as we have been either.

We don't need to add more gamemodes - you guys can do that yourselves now. We're happy to continue removing any remaining obstacles to you doing that (mod patching issue comes to mind), but that said, currently we (MM and I) are working 50+ hour weeks on KAG. That will not continue once it is finished.

amgtree, sinnertie and Guitarman like this.
  6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

KAG is already great, and once it hits a stable version without any major changes, modding will become 10,000 times easier because then the actual source code won't change which won't invalidate mods and therefore discourage mod creators. Nobody likes recoding their mod to work with a new version of a game, especially when it's every couple days like it is now.

7. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

you know that you can just copy the modded part, and paste it in the new script?

8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Will you guys be working 50+ hour weeks on something else or is it a secret? Also whats going on with the zambies?

9. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

They are planning on making other games. I'm gonna be one of the first to support it so I can be a super oldfag on it. Master is modding Zombie mode. Or at least he is supposed to. :rollseyes:

Guitarman likes this.
  10. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

We need oldfag hat in KAG for people who been 2+ years on this as some sort of thanks for support. :smug:

16th, Guitarman, NKking and 3 others like this.
  11. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower

like this idea, that can be a nice gift for testers (mean beta testers)

P.S. guys, fix bug with picking spawn point (after change respawning time resets...)

12. fill a bug report, "pls fix" doesnt get anything done ever

13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I remember Geti saying that was intentional for some weird reason back when he implemented that.

@FuzzyBlueBaron

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Apronymous likes this.
  14. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

It is likely that they will continue on small bug fixes and stuff, but also work on other games...tell me if I am wrong?
    Sorry didn't see second page :(
    Also like the hat for testers, shame that I wasn't one

15. dawnbomb

dawnbomb Catapult Fodder

so its the end of the SECOND week, can we despair yet?

16. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower

we all testers here

17. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

I was thinking along the lines of capes for the 1yr+ players
    heuheuhue

18. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

That would require a lot of frames, you would need to create animated cape for three classes and two genders, which gives you six in total and do it for 60 frames, that's why hats are easier to do.

19. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Or.. you could just sprite a 4-frame cape animation and place it behind the character sprites.

Taiga and Ej like this.
  20. i dont recommend off-toping further, guys, as i honestly doubt that there will be a hat for people who have been playing "at least as long as i have".

norill likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.