1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Steam Delay - Don't Despair!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jogale

Jogale Shipwright

I'm aware of that--I'm more curious to see if the devs will get to test it out on a steam box before the rest of us. I'd be interested to see how it runs and works (or doesn't)

2. Graver

Graver Haxor

Mmmm... Bird hat? :chicken::chicken::chicken:
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 28, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 28, 2013 ---
    0:30 My brother :3

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

No, we don't and considering KAG isn't particularly controller friendly it's not likely to run well on the console anyway.

Re: Steam, more info coming in blog posts but basically we've got it opening under steam on all 3 supported OSs and just have patch automation and testing to do before launch - if possible we'd like to fix a few larger/more annoying bugs before launch as well, which will hopefully be done by tonight.

4. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Awesome! I really can't wait till all of KAG's major issues are ironed out and it is a nicely solid game! Or, more solid than it already is, that is!!!

I wonder how things will go with the steam community and I really hope servers do well moderating the inevitable trolls...

5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I just hope there won't be more people who go "omg it's terruriaaa!" it's annoying as hell...

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

People who think Kag is really similar to Terraria are also people who minecraft a shitload.

7. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I seriously hope it will be as successful as Terraria. It's pretty funny that KAG is older than Terraria. (right?)

8. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yea kag will be prbobly as popular as terraria, in fact it will probobly be even more popular considering it has massive ammounts of replayablitiy because its a competative multiplayer game that looks cool when shit happens like colapses and such.

9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Well honestly I'd rather play the Solitaire on my old flip phone than Terraria. But hell, I don't mind them thinking they're actually playing Terraria if that means we get more players.

Jlordo and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  10. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

I guess communication/marketing will be crucial points for that steam release. We need more reviews or some youtubers gameplay.

11. BaconLover

BaconLover Catapult Fodder

Steam will ruin KAG!
    It's always the same story, one awesome game, a ton of newbie players who don't care about tutorials, playing awfully, destroying the teamwork experience that makes this game great.

I love playing this game, hate when it comes to be all about newbies who don't know and don't care that ends up on griefers, or people jumping around dancing while we loose the match. It's so frustrating. And for some reason it makes it even more frustrating the Kick Voting not working.

And even more frustrating that even when such kick is working people don't care to vote to get a griefer out. ::(:

Chumind likes this.
  12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Y'know, lots of people have felt exactly the same thing about any new players for a long, long time. You too were a terrible player at one point, and we had to put up with you, you dirty newbie. The long time players have always had to experience wave after wave of terrible players, most of whom never care for the tutorials, and then have to learn in action. Every influx of shitty players will bring some good players too, with an even greater yield over time.

In short, Steam won't ruin KAG, assholes will ruin KAG, so don't be an asshole about it.

Just think how frustrated all the testers must be that they have to share this game with the general public! Oh, wait.

13. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Heh, KAG is nothing like Terraria. In KAG the longest matches still take less time than the boring hours farming for enough ore to make a single piece of armor...And in KAG you are having fun doing it...

But sadly people will always compare games, and noobs will always exist! Teach them, mold them, murder them over and over till they ragequit! I'm alright with a lot more new players, servers these days are either empty or completely full, and joining an empty server takes forever to get a game going!

14. BaconLover

But @Hella the experienced players that resist are a small minority, what explains the lack of players on the servers most of the time, usually everybody on 1, every others empty. The style of the game it's not newbie friendly at the first place and it causes to people more experienced simply leave playing.... when we trying to play as a team but the word teamwork is not making sense anymore inside the matches. (it's hard to interact with the team as many ignore) ::(:

I wonder if KAG will ever have something like friend lists, or possibility to form Parties / Guilds in a way we can play organized, right now servers take teams mixed up, forcing members to join other teams to balance, it's much random. :eek:

15. Graver

Graver Haxor

Huh? You dont know how to report? :)

16. BaconLover

On the site? Don't we need to record the thing? :eek:

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

youre ruining kag right now

18. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

What are you trying to tell me that hasn't already been evident for several years, or suggested before?

New players in any environment are pretty shitty skill-wise, so it's your job to give them a hand, and their job to be proactive in seeking a hand. If this was an FPS with teams, then it would be exactly the same. You need to help them if you want them to meet your expectations.

19. BaconLover

I would love to help newbie players to get it going, but most ignore us, i'm not used to FPS games at all so this must be something common around this games... I was now in a match, did one awesome tunnel to get into enemy base, and all the knights of the team over me jumping over spikes trying to hit stone blocks, i try to tell i have the tunnel but nobody listens, i get so frustrated! :QQ:

20. eamono

eamono Arsonist

lol chill out man. Imagine being a new player and having some asshole kick you for not knowing how to play, if you want to play with a team join a clan, if you want to play pub games play pub games. I do agree that moving to steam will make the community worse but then again having 500 bad players online is better then having 60 players online spread out over 5 servers

BaconLover likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.