1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Steam Delay - Don't Despair!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

@BaconLover, just stop complaining. While I've been playing more than you, I still remember when I was new. Quite a few people helped me and I got along with them. If they hadn't taught me just a couple of the tiny nuances of the game or were being dickish in general (sort of how you are being now), I might have just lost interest quickly and never played again. Afterwards, Rambo convinced me to attempt to join MOLE and that's how I got on the forums, and because of that alone, I ended up becoming way more invested in this game than I expected (whether or not that's a good thing is up for debate). Anyways, if you see someone struggling and they accept your help, continue to help them. If they don't want your help, just ignore them; you aren't going to change their minds.

In other words, stop hating people who you haven't even met before just because you tried to waste your time trying to help people who didn't want it.
    So KAG is an FPS? Guess you learn something new everyday.

Fellere825 likes this.
  2. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

No need to let your fear of change overwhelm you. I love this game too but I understand that it will change someday. If it does not the game will stagnate. The player base has been on a slow decline for the past 10 months or so.

How many old "experienced" players have stopped playing? How many old "experienced" players are there now?

Change is inevitable and can be a good thing. You just have to embrace it in order to get the most out of it.

BaconLover likes this.
  3. masterjen

masterjen Drill Rusher

Like you started out as a pro player.

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

People being elitist about their beloved game is nothing new, but instead of being assholes about new players maybe you should help them learn the game so they in turn become good positive players that will help other players too.

5. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

This game was packed with children and griefers and pollacks a while ago, but the sub-humans tend to trickle out and leave the core players behind. I guess this is a stress test of that core community; once the wave of Steam players comes and quickly goes, as it does with every indie novelty that passes by the store page, how many of the original players will have lost their patience?

Guitarman, FuzzyBlueBaron and Mazey like this.
  6. Zaldarr

Zaldarr Catapult Fodder

I don't mean to be one of ~those~ people but the realistic timeline for Steam release was 'a week' over two weeks ago. I'm not demanding it be out now or anything, but I am wondering about the lack of news regarding this.

7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Should be out fairly soon though.

8. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Can't wait!
    Will it just be identical to the standard one?

9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Well, you can't release a game on steam without approval, and they've only just gotten it, recently.

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Erm, where did you get that from? They've only spoken of it recently, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been in the wind for some time. >_>

11. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

That is the most recent thing that I've seen on the forums from Geti, so I'll be taking bets on it now, if you please. Large denominations only, thankyouverymuch.

12. Atheon

Atheon Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Despaired :(

13. Zaldarr

Zaldarr Catapult Fodder

Thanks very much. Good to know - I'm keen for Steam because I bought KAG for my friends and they're despairing over the minimal playerbase right now and the fact that only Euro servers run most of the time (AU here).

So once Steam kicks off I'm going to be hosting a server and we can all have funzies with a bunch of new guys ::):

14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

No! Of course not, otherwise it'd be released already.
    Basically you get a screen where you can link Steam to your current KAG account or create a new account bound to you Steam account.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

For those that read the forums more than the devlog: http://devlog.kag2d.com/post/65525495566/there-was-meant-to-be-build-926-today has some info about how steam's going.

tl;dr: some stuff is broken due to steam integration, patch coming asap fixes a bunch of stuff including votekick, MM says this Monday for steam, will probably be a close shave.

Please move discussion of steam stuff to the new thread once it's up

@Kouji if you could close this once that happens, that'd be A+.

16. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Done kaicho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.