1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Steam Greenlight *Please Read*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BindNation, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Would you support KAG on the Steam Greenlight program?

1. Yes

82.2%
  2. No

17.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

I really don't understand why anyone would vote no on the poll. If you're on the forum or playing the game, even if there is a bug that's annoying you, there is no legit reason to even look at the 'NO' button. Just sayin...

2. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Well everyone has a say and opinion, whether you choose to side with one or the other... everyone's voice has the right to be heard.

delankski likes this.
  3. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

its an idea but i wouldn't support it rather be glad its there on the side

4. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Half of the Aussie pop are retarded anyway, so many little kids acting like they own the place. I am unsure whether Kag should do this. If it does go on steam of course there will be more players, but steam will probally take half the profits.

Ghozt likes this.
  5. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Considering it would reach a wider audience than it could otherwise ever achieve, the whole "half the profits" argument doesn't really work. :P

FuzzyBlueBaron and BindNation like this.
  6. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Larger community, yes, that would be true, but in my expirience, a larger community is a more retarded and less fun community.
    Advertising is true.
    This one i dont even understand. multiplayer platforms? idk what that is and i doubt its exsistance.
    I already said this, the devs wont work harder with a bigger community.
    We already have dedicated server support.
    And this is true.

7. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Valve has made a good move with Greenlight. This is a very good opportunity however we don't want to submit an alpha version. So we'll bring on "full sales mode on" and we'll "reach millions" when the game is done at version 1.0.

8. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Thanks for replying,MM.....now I guess this thread can be locked now.

9. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

No, everyone can still express their opinions on what they think should happen.

I'm still good with what Contrary has said, compared to everyones arguments, his stands best for his side.

delankski likes this.
  10. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I'll go with whatever the devs say, really.
    But i find this really unexpected.

The_Khan likes this.
  11. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

I doubt Kag would receive that much attention even with green light. :no:

12. Antman

Antman Base Burner

You obviously don't realise how good this game actually is :P

Honestly, if you saw a cheap game that had a good rating, you'd atleast look into it.. Imagaine all the people that would see it if it was on Steam. If Terraria can sell 200,000 copies in it's first week on the front page of Steam, KAG can sell more.

I'm not that knowledgable with this stuff, so I'm not entirely certain if KAG would be on the front page or whatever.. but this is my guess :)

FuzzyBlueBaron, Contrary and Ghozt like this.
  13. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

My Point to the KAG Fellows. If you really support KAG,
    Why don't you support this IDEA? :)

Well at least , IT WILL REACH MILLIONS :)

14. Nananas

Nananas Bison Rider

I found this post on the dev blog (page 18: 2011/5/15, long time ago!)
    (http://devlog.kag2d.com/post/5512061784/16-players-on-the-official-servers-wow-i-think)
    Who knew it would become THIS awesome X3

Now on-topic:
    -The price will probably rise when released, so no invasion of new gold players like the usual f2p/p4f/whatever game. I guess that is okay...
    -On the other hand, the free version will get a LOT of attention. Maybe it's good (maybe not). Dunno...

so I am behind this idea :B):

15. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Guess what, your experience doesn't allow the developers to raise funds for their next project or pay rent.
    They won't work harder but they will have more time on their future projects if they have more money.
    And you wasn't always high and mighty like this you know, people buy the game if the first impression is good.
    So it also depends on how we act when a wave of noobs come in...

Messages hid in the text above:
    Don't mess up people's first impressions.
    When full salesman mode is on, they will be able to raise funds for their other projects/next project.
    You was(are?) a noob and someone showed you the ropes, so instead of acting like a douchebag when noobs come show them the ropes too.

Basically, I support this and look forward to seeing newbies in game.

justi01 and WarrFork like this.
  16. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Why are you suddenly accusing me of being rude to noobs?
    Also, dont expect me to reply soon, as i have to go somewhere now.

17. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I'm not accusing you of being rude to noobs.
    Its just a message to people in general.
    Also I'll have to say, I'm not a saint and not every newbie is one either.
    So its only normal to think that noobs ruin gameplay.

18. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

If there are more players then there'll be more demand for a safe haven for the people to play the game properly, and the people willing to learn will filter through to make more whitelisted/heavily admined severs possible. I don't see the logic in the "Oh noes, it'll bring teh nubz" argument overall really, alot of players are already thick as fuck, not willing to learn, or think they already have in the 1 week they've been playing. Either way, anyone with any fucking resolve in them will put in the effort to find good servers, same with any good game that's sadly crammed full or retards.

19. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

I'm glad you guys see potential in this program. Of course, there is no need to rush it. There is a statement within the Greenlight program that allows you to submit alphas and earlier version of your game, but if you guys don't feel comfortable in doing that, it's all good.

Here's what Valve posted about it.

20. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I'm certain they have read the FAQ a few times already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.