1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows [Steam] Server list gets depopulated when the refresh button is clicked

Discussion in 'General Help' started by braidedheadman, Mar 23, 2016.

1. braidedheadman

braidedheadman Shipwright

Hi there.

So, as stated in the title, when I click the refresh button, the list of available servers disappears. I can work around this by returning to the main menu
    and opening the MP server browser again, which repopulates the list and updates individual server data. To be clear, I can join and play on servers just fine, I just can't refresh the list.

I've trawled through the help section here looking for solutions on my own, going back to page 10 and as far back as threads started in 2013, but none of the issues raised seemed specifically related to what I'm experiencing. Some people experienced problems with seeing only a few servers or none at all, which is not the specific problem I'm having.

I've tried some of the suggestions that I've see come up in these threads and from other online sources (wikis mostly), including:
    - Verifying that my version is up to date.
    - Running forceupdate.bat
    - Deleting KAG and reinstalling.
    - Deleting KAG, reinstalling, and running forceupdate.bat again.

I've exhausted all my ideas to try and fix this thing on my own, please help! :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

How long does it dissapear for? It usually takes a while for the new list to load.

3. braidedheadman

braidedheadman Shipwright

I left it for about 10-15 minutes and it never repopulated the list. Across the top it says, "0 servers with 0 players."
    Additionally, adjusting the filters also causes the list to depopulate.